Bafang kit on Big Slick Roux DeRestrict

Lance01

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 4, 2018
Hi all,
I have a HMI namely, DP E06.U 9.2. This is similar to DP E06.UART on Bafang's website. https://www.bafang-e.com/en/components/component/hmi/dp-e06uart.html

I have a BFSWX02 36V250W (13) 27.5-1703210553-6 rear hub motor with disc brake.

I have a Bafang Controller for a brushless motor. This is similar to this: https://www.bafang-e.com/en/components/component/controller/cr-s105250sq.html

The actual specifics for the controller are:
Rated voltage=36v
Software no. CRS1053613E010118.1
Drawing No.886-61-504

This is on the Big Slick Roux 2018 hybrid mountain bike.

I would like to derestrict this limit of 25km/h to ride at about 30-32 km/h on private land. What would you advise would be the best ways of doing this?
I really appreciate your time in replying.
Thanks very much

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Does the display connect to the harness via a green 5 pin male Higo connector?

Lance01

Sep 4, 2018
Hi, yes it does! The basic HMI uses this exact cable which then goes into the controller.
What can I do now you know this info?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi, yes it does! The basic HMI uses this exact cable which then goes into the controller.
What can I do now you know this info?
Don't quote me, but there's a strong chance that you can use the same programming cable and software that is used to program the BBSxx series of controllers.

You could pick one up off eBay and give it a go. If it works, there's plenty of parameters to tweak.

Maybe someone can also confirm if there's any settings for your particular display that limits the speed cut-off. I know my BBS02 has a password code to get into the extra settings menu, but mine's a C965!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
@Lance01, whoops, ignore the last couple of sentences in my last message. Just looked at your HMI and it doesn't have an lcd display :p

Try the programming cable ;)

Lance01

Sep 4, 2018
My hmi is very basic. Is there specific software needed to reprogram or will it come with a cable? I've looked briefly is it usb to higo type cable?
Do you have an example an link that may work? Thanks for your help

Lance01

Sep 4, 2018
Im happy to give that a go but Im not sure if it will work as mines not a bottom bracket motor but rear wheel motor

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty certain this has been tried before. From what I remember the Bafang hub motor controllers run different firmware to the mid drive ones and the interface cable does not work. Because the hub controllers are OEM only, they are factory programmed to customers requirements and the settings are not changeable.As with many of these systems, you may have to replace the controller and display to remove the speed restriction.

Reactions: Lance01

Related Articles

Advertisers