Battery Charger HOT!

WIBBLA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2011
Coventry
www.rzoc.co.uk
Is it normal for these chargers to get HOT! and when i say hot it is hot not melting hot but BL**DY hot but once charged it cools down, I know chargers get warm etc but it seems very warm to me, Also is it ok to leave it on over night chargiing...

Craig

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
I always err on the side of caution and never leave on overnight or unattendedbatteries can in rare incidents catch on fire it happened to a friend with a lithium one.
Is the charger vented so it has airflow around it. I have seen them on towels before now so they heat up real quick, also is it charging in a hot enviroment.Best charged on a surface which will disapate heat. Can you get a charger checked by electrician local?
Fatts

WIBBLA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2011
Coventry
www.rzoc.co.uk
Its not vent'd and it sits in the garage on a metal top work top so if it does set on fire i am safe lol... Its quite cool in garage too so not in a hot place.. seems to charge ok and my friend says his is the same gets very hot..

Craig

D

Deleted member 4366

Some chargers do get fairly hot, so make sure that it gets a lot of air around it while it's charging. If it gets very hot, try standing it on a couple of pencils or something similar so that it ca get air all round.

Bosh

Just Joined
Jan 24, 2012
I recently bought a new bike and it came with a new charger, cool thing is that there's a mini fan build in and there isn't much heat building up.

Advertisers