soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

also check out there other vids ;)

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
When was that test done and which cells were used? There are nany manufacturers and each has many different versions of lithium cells, plus, there are many different chemistries, electrode types and construction methods. You can prove anything if you pull the right data from the right tests and conveniently ignore the fata that conflicts with your theory. Have a look at this, which explains something similar to how that works.
"lies, lies and damn statistics".....
The glaring omission in your gun stats video is the massive rise in population of transgenders who aren't even counted in the statistics, and whom the cultural marxists foisting their white male guilt on us would have believe make up a significant proportion of the population lol....

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
well the case can hold 40 cells 18650 size.

so you could get more than double using these so 1000w+ pack.
https://electrek.co/2018/05/03/tesla-model-3-battery-cells-rare-data-energy-density-cobalt/
Maybe the e-bikes we have with external batteries won't become obsolete? I prefer the battery pack visible rather than hidden in the frame as that just seems like a guilty complex trying to disguise the battery lol...it gives the Luddites and their analogue bikes another reason to despise us and call us cheaters ha ha...
(I liked the look on the "family outings" face on Sunday as they all pushed their bikes up the fire road and I breezed past saying hello at 25km/h, uphill into a headwind !!)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Maybe the e-bikes we have with external batteries won't become obsolete? I prefer the battery pack visible rather than hidden in the frame as that just seems like a guilty complex trying to disguise the battery lol...it gives the Luddites and their analogue bikes another reason to despise us and call us cheaters ha ha...
(I liked the look on the "family outings" face on Sunday as they all pushed their bikes up the fire road and I breezed past saying hello at 25km/h, uphill into a headwind !!)
Aerodynamics! Internal packs cut down on drag. :D

Yesterday I had a race with a gentleman who has mounted a BBS01 and a HL battery to a classic road bike - I was much faster downhill.

And later I was passed by a dongled Cube road bike. He went zipping by but I had the time to see the Cube logo and I could hear the motor. As I was doing about 25 km/h at the time I deduced something was not right, he was doing twice that and normal roadies who pass me there are not doing over 30-35 km/h.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
My Yamaha 400Wh battery is four years old and has covered 10724 miles since i bought my Haibike in 2015. I use the bike to commute too and from work and charge it to full as close to departure time as possible and then charge it back to full at work before riding home and then bring the battery into the house when I get home and leave it at about 60% charge until i use it next with gaps that can be as much as four weeks but normally much less.

On the 12 mile cross country route to work this morning that started at 6:30AM and 0" temperature I used 31% of the battery and 38% on the faster 10 mile road journey home where I average 20mph, and this is identical to how it performed when new, though it must be losing some capacity it is not showing using the battery as I do. How long it will continue to perform like this will be interesting but like soundwave I am very impressed with it so far.

The only contentious thing I do is store my battery in a walk in cupboard that also houses the gas central heating boiler that means it is warm and dry, but some advise that batteries are best stored in the cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barrio Barranco

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Aerodynamics! Internal packs cut down on drag. :D

Yesterday I had a race with a gentleman who has mounted a BBS01 and a HL battery to a classic road bike - I was much faster downhill.

And later I was passed by a dongled Cube road bike. He went zipping by but I had the time to see the Cube logo and I could hear the motor. As I was doing about 25 km/h at the time I deduced something was not right, he was doing twice that and normal roadies who pass me there are not doing over 30-35 km/h.

flat out i can hit over 30mph dongle cuts off about 36mph tho on my bike.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
SO, this is getting confusing now
Not really :)

....yesterday I ran it down showing 4km to go.
That figure is fairly meaningless if you don't also specify the power mode you have it in, and we know how hard the last few miles were.

So it was almost fully discharged. It's now Monday, I work 9-5 and won't be going on it again until the weekend so do I :
A- leave it until the next ride (ie timer charge it say Saturday before I want to go out?
Yes.

But leaving a depleted battery is bad isn't it?)
No.

Not unless its depleted to the very minimum, the battery self discharges to a significant extent, and you leave it for an extended period.
And none of those three apply to your situation.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Save yourself a load of angst. Use it and charge it. If it's going to be left for a few weeks just put a few miles on it to 'knock the edge off', and keep it indoors. Simples !:)

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
Save yourself a load of angst. Use it and charge it. If it's going to be left for a few weeks just put a few miles on it to 'knock the edge off', and keep it indoors. Simples !:)
I agree, don't sweat it. Whatever you do it won't last forever, by the time it dies, the replacement will be cheaper, lighter, more powerful and longer lasting. (fingers crossed emoji ?)

Advertisers