Battery pack tail light not working

alan from eston

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2014
Newbie with my first question
I have just purchased two electric bike kits with the rear carrier mounted 36v 10 amp flat batteries with what appear to be built in tail lights but the lights don't work, should they come on when the battery is switched on or are they just reflectors?
thanks for any help, this is a great forum.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
these lights usually have an on/off switch next to the battery meter.
Some use the switch from the controller via LED panel.
If you can't find the switch, post a picture of your battery.

alan from eston

Oct 28, 2014
these lights usually have an on/off switch next to the battery meter.
Some use the switch from the controller via LED panel.
If you can't find the switch, post a picture of your battery.
Thanks for your reply, the only switch i can see is the main switch and the push button that illuminates the meter

I have led panel not lcd
here are some pics001.jpg 002.jpg

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
This model uses the switch from the controller side.
As there is no light switch on your LED panel, you are a bit stuck here.
If you want to synchronize the light with the battery switch (light will come on when the battery is on), you need to open the output panel and join the small red wire to the large red wire.
Post a picture here if you are not sure.

alan from eston

Oct 28, 2014
I assumed the light would come on with the main switch because there are no connections from the battery other than the pos and neg connections so i couldn't figure out how it would be switched by the controller.
the batteries are under warranty and have a anti tamper sticker so i cannot open them.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are 4 wires at the output port. The two thick wires Batt+ and Batt- for the motor, the two thin wires for the light switch. When you press the light button on the LED panel, a transistor connects the two small wires, lighting up the light at the rear of the battery. it's possible to connect the two small wires externally or from the battery connector inside the controller box.

alan from eston

Oct 28, 2014
I cannot see any thin wires just the thick pos and neg wires, i cannot see how the light could work i don't want to open the battery pack so i will just fit a seperate led light.

Advertisers