Battery problem

Kramer

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2013
So, my ebike won't turn on as it's getting no power.

My battery, which is of this type (below), appears (I will admit to not being an expert here) to have a problem with the on/off switch in that it illuminates for a few milliseconds as the button is depressed, but doesn't stay on. There is also no voltage reading at the power terminal.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next to determine where the problem is as my electrical knowledge is poor at best?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
where did you get your battery from?

D

Deleted member 4366

Does the switch latch in and out, or does it just spring back? You are pressing it far enough in?

Reactions: Kramer

Kramer

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2013
Does the switch latch in and out, or does it just spring back? You are pressing it far enough in?
The centre of the button is recessed in the on position and returns to flush with the outer ring in the off position

D

Deleted member 4366

The only thing you can do now is open it up to find the problem. when you get it open, please show us a photo of the BMS.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
how about emailing the supplier and ask for advice? they may have a repair centre in Europe.

D

Deleted member 4366

One from further out would be better so that I can see the whole layout.

Which connector does the switch go to?

Is photo 2 the USB module? Is that red LED on all the time or does it go off with the switch?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's weird. It woild flatten the battery if you didn't charge it for a long time. Can you see it from the outside of the battery?

Try shorting the switch, which I guess is the pins with the white and yellow wires. With it shorted, check the voltage on the output.

Kramer

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2013
That's weird. It woild flatten the battery if you didn't charge it for a long time. Can you see it from the outside of the battery?
No, it surprised me too.

Try shorting the switch, which I guess is the pins with the white and yellow wires. With it shorted, check the voltage on the output.
Not 100% sure where you wanted me to short the switch so exposed the terminals on the switch and stuck a small bolt between them. Still no reading on the output.

P.S. USB socket provides power but battery indicator light on side of case shows 1 of 4 LEDs.

D

Deleted member 4366

No, but if it's only showing one light, it implies low voltage. Can you measure the voltage between the red and black power wires from the cell-pack where they attach to the BMS?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's probably why it's not switching on. Try and charge it up to 42v.

Advertisers