Battery shipment within the UK

john260164

Just Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Aberdeen
Hi, I have a spare Bosch ebike battery that I'm looking to sell, probably on ebay. I have all the packaging and UN box but I'm struggling to find a courier who'll take it. Can anyone help at all please? Thanks. John

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Hi,
I know at one time TNT,UPS and other big names would do it but they change the rules every now and then.
All you can do is search online and get the phone no. of every courier out there to ask what their current policy is.
Sooner or later you'll find one that does it. They will probably charge you extra for the privilege though, I suppose that's danger money for them.

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
John,
Jimmy at Insat International who make replacement batteries use UPS.
You could contact him or Cem and ask for details.
Tel : 0208 361 1790

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
It is not legal to send by royal mail or parcel force both put them on the banned list our local post office has a big warning poster the postmaster should also ask the question what's in the parcel, some will allow company sales in a correctly marked and labelled box you could try calling it electronic equipment if it has charger is in the box but if any thing went wrong in transit:rolleyes: [ because of fire risk you can no longer send any lion by aeroplane ]

Full chat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 17, 2018
It is not legal to send by royal mail or parcel force both put them on the banned list our local post office has a big warning poster the postmaster should also ask the question what's in the parcel, some will allow company sales in a correctly marked and labelled box you could try calling it electronic equipment if it has charger is in the box but if any thing went wrong in transit:rolleyes: [ because of fire risk you can no longer send any lion by aeroplane ]
What about tigers or jaguars? Can they fly on a plane?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I ordered a £40 smartwatch from China. They sent me a £5 one instead of the one I ordered, so I had to send it back. It cost £16.30 to return it, but when it got to DPD depot in Southampton, they refused it because it has a lithium battery in it. They want £15 to send it back to me.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
So I'm wondering why my 500wh battery for the bike arrived in it's official Bosch cardboard box but with just some bubble wrap and grey heavy duty polythene around it and that was via RM 48hr non signed for???

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
That's odd vfr, I've never known a Chinese seller to have a return address. Their goods can be dispatched from anywhere, a factory, a warehouse, someone's apartment 20 floors up in the air, so it's usually impossible to return items. Did you try for a part refund?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's odd vfr, I've never known a Chinese seller to have a return address. Their goods can be dispatched from anywhere, a factory, a warehouse, someone's apartment 20 floors up in the air, so it's usually impossible to return items. Did you try for a part refund?
I used the PayPal dispute system to get the return address. The supplier offered me a partial refund, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing was a scam. Even with the partial refund, I was out of pocket because the watch they sent was completely useless
I wanted a waterproof heart monitor watch. It had neither of those functions and I already have plenty of good watches that tell the time.
I can't believe that they refused the watch because of its battery, which is so small that even if it caught fire, I doubt that you could light a cigarette with it.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I think you're better off buying direct from a seller on Ali X. With their disputes system you get your money back and get to keep the item. They know what their own sellers are like for scamming and don't like upsetting us rich westerners so don't mess around when it comes to refunds.
I just had a quick look for Heart rate monitor watches on Ali, 72,000 came up ! right so you narrow it down.
Check the box for 5 stars and above seller ratings then look for how many each seller has sold and go for highest sales.
Look at each store and how it's laid out and presented, look for lots of product pictures (they have to pay extra for that) and good English written. It's often the case those stores charge more for their items, but they have a good rep so they can get away with that.
Any problems message the seller first then Ali themselves second, I've never lost out.

P.S. If you're feeling really cheeky and the item costs a few bob, message the seller and make them an offer.
Go silly low to start with and they'll come back a bit higher...got 'em, works every time. Give it a go.

Advertisers