BB Torque sensor and new battery

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
I have an old Alien Aurora (Alien Ocean) rear hub 350 watt 8Fun motor and kit assembled on my dual suspension MTB. I looking to change the PAS to a BB Torque sensor, plus change the battery from rear mount to a bottle battery on the frame. Can anyone help with advice, best places to purchase. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Firstly I don't think that torque sensors are available, if they were it would require a new controller.
Looking at the rather limited picture, the only place I can see to frame mount a battery is underslung on the down tube. Need to measure clearances carefully, provide extra fixing over and above rivnuts and protect it from water/mud.
Could be a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
Firstly I don't think that torque sensors are available, if they were it would require a new controller.
Looking at the rather limited picture, the only place I can see to frame mount a battery is underslung on the down tube. Need to measure clearances carefully, provide extra fixing over and above rivnuts and protect it from water/mud.
Could be a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
Torque sensors are definitely available. BMS battery website has them. The mount of the battery would need to be underneath the mainframe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
You can also get torque simulating controllers which vary input base on cadence

Advertisers