BBS01 niggles

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
the battery meter is not set for Lipo. So first bar out at 50% and the rest tumble fast.
It's much less smooth than the Panasonic with delayed take off and on off power delivery.
Unsure about max power but feels less than Panasonic in Pedelec mode. Haven't tried the throttle.
The speed sensor goes crazy at around 40 mph suddenly reads 19 mph etc.
I have 20inch wheel spa perhaps it's the pickup frequency?

It is still fast and effective though, these are niggles.on a cheap conversion.

Any ideas about upgrades. Keeping it legal of course

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I think the battery meters rely on voltage so if you look at the voltage curve of a lipo pack you will see why the bars behave that way. At least you don't have much sag affecting things like Li-ion.

Maybe your speed sensor has a 40 mph cap?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Any ideas about upgrades. Keeping it legal of course
Most of the BBSxx's are programmed from the factory to limit the overall current when on the move. This is called the 'Keep Current' parameter in the software settings. I think they set it at 60% from the factory.

You would need a programming cable to change this setting, but it would unlock some extra torque, whilst keeping it all perfectly legal of course.

You wouldn't necessarily have to change it to 100%, just 70 or 80% may make a big difference.

Reactions: D8ve

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I think the battery meters rely on voltage so if you look at the voltage curve of a lipo pack you will see why the bars behave that way. At least you don't have much sag affecting things like Li-ion.

Maybe your speed sensor has a 40 mph cap?
I might be nice to reset the meter or set voltages.
On the 3Ah battery the range was good I will have to see what the 16ah battery can do
I wonder about the sensor range. 40 would be a bit low for a good bike down hill. But a smaller wheel set May affect it.
Waiting for a 27 in wheeler to come and say mine trips at 55ish

Advertisers