BBS02 cutting out after new wheel, cassette and chain fitted.

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
Fitted Bafang BBS02 750 watt with a 17.5ah battery 2 years ago to my 12 year old Trek Hybrid. Not really used it a great deal but have used it a few times over the last few weeks without issue.

Decided to have it serviced and ending up needing new rear wheel, cassette and chain. Nothing was touched at least intentionally on the electrics. Rode it today for the first time since getting it back and the 500c display went off about 5-6 times over about 10 miles, cutting the power (or the power cut out turning off the display). Pressing the button on the display turned it back on again without the need to stop riding but a bit of a coincidence as it has never happened before.

There was no obvious pattern I could see, like speed, gear, road surface etc. Wiggling the cables didnt cause it to go off either.

The only thing I have realised is the speed sensor is still on the old wheel, will transfer it tomorrow. Cant see why the speed sensor being missing would cause this issue.

Assuming that this is not the issue, any suggestion as to the possible cause or where to start with investigating it.

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep , no speed signal . The display goes to sleep if it doesn't see a signal , surprised an error code didn't show.

Advertisers