BBSHD failing under load after Nylon gear replacement

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi, changed the Nylon gear which had failed on my BBSHD , after around 4000 miles, good innings.

Had a problem, the controller turns off after a couple of revolutions, re boot the battery and controller, works for a couple of revolutions, then off again. Rebuilt the motor, checked connections today, same again. If I just use the throttle indoors, with wheel off the floor, it's fine, spins up.

Battery is charging to 58v.

Checked and cleaned magnet for rear tyre sensor.

Any help greatly appreciated, it's driving me nuts.

Many thanks,

G

D

Deleted member 25121

Hi, changed the Nylon gear which had failed on my BBSHD , after around 4000 miles, good innings.

Had a problem, the controller turns off after a couple of revolutions, re boot the battery and controller, works for a couple of revolutions, then off again. Rebuilt the motor, checked connections today, same again. If I just use the throttle indoors, with wheel off the floor, it's fine, spins up.

Battery is charging to 58v.

Checked and cleaned magnet for rear tyre sensor.

Any help greatly appreciated, it's driving me nuts.

Many thanks,

G
It sounds at though the motor is cutting out under load,

Are you able to check that the new gear is mating freely with its surrounding gear(s) and is free to rotate?

Are you able to try putting the old gear back to see if the motor still cuts out (this will depend on how it had failed)?

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi and thank you for the reply.

The old gear is toast, disintegrated. Will try and have a look, maybe I put it in the wrong way up, it's a bit vague as to which way it should go. Any info on that, greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again,

G

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
As ebiker99 suggests, the battery might be cutting out due to load. If you have a programming cable, you could reprogram the max amps, say 20, and test to see if it still cuts out.

Advertisers