Be careful cyclists!

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I spent most of the day yesterday around central London though not on my bike. Always interested in what other cyclists are riding, I watched quite a few of them negotiating their way through traffic. Most were pretty good, I thought, pretty brave too, come to that!

Unfortunately, there are still some who seem determined to **** off all other road users and pedestrians, so much so that I was reminded of this from some time ago:

Tom

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
I quite often have conversations with red light jumping cyclists if I catch up with them. Some are on the verge of realising they need to do something about their bad habit, others just couldn't give a damn..

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
I spent most of the day yesterday around central London though not on my bike. Always interested in what other cyclists are riding, I watched quite a few of them negotiating their way through traffic. Most were pretty good, I thought, pretty brave too, come to that!

Unfortunately, there are still some who seem determined to **** off all other road users and pedestrians, so much so that I was reminded of this from some time ago:

Tom
In the past two weeks I've seen far too many cyclists riding at night with dark clothing and no lights.
I'm cycle-aware and I could have run over them. Be seen!

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
There seem to be many cyclists who do not realise that the view out of a car windscreen on a damp, misty winter's morning is a lot less clear than theirs on their bike. They just assume that because they can see the car the driver can see them.

Ignoring the fact the car is many times larger than them and fitted with highly visible lights.

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
Having lights and making yourself fully visible is not enough,have been riding at dark nights lately and was just being upset and abused by so many careless and ignorant drivers,overtaking you at high speeds and disregard for other users.
I have always cycle defensively and always tried to be fully aware of car passing behind me and lately they are just so abusive and pass so closely.

Advertisers