Bearprint ebike wont switch on.

Teacosy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 4, 2011
Hi All . My name is Mike and I have had a Bearprint City for about a year . I recently noticed that the key had to be jiggled to get it to turn on. Today it cut out and wont work at all . I took the Battery off and there is no voltage at the terminals ,the fuses are ok. Does any one know where I can get a new switch or have any ideas how to fix it .

Thanks in anticipation

Mike (Teacosy)

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to test that it's the switch that's faulty first. Unsolder the two red wires off the switch and solder them together. If everything then works OK, I've got a switch that you can have,but please test first otherwise it will be wasted.

Teacosy

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks

You need to test that it's the switch that's faulty first. Unsolder the two red wires off the switch and solder them together. If everything then works OK, I've got a switch that you can have,but please test first otherwise it will be wasted.
Thank you . Will do and let you know the result.

Thanks again

Teacosy

Dec 4, 2011
Hi again . I removed the top of the battery to carry out the test you suggested, the first thing I saw was a loose red wire. It was a battery lead which had been the cleanest dry joint that I have ever seen, I can't see how it worked for so long.Well it is all working fine now. Thank you very much for your help and interest in this matter.

Teacosy

Dec 4, 2011
Hi again . I am having trouble with this switch again .When I turn it on the lights come on then go out as the key reaches its farthest point and I can hear the fizz of a spark. It would appear that the switch is now faulty. I wonder if you still have that switch you offered me in August or could you tell me where I could source one .

Mike Emm

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I believe FreeGo now handle Bearprint bikes - I met their chairman Eric at the NEC Cycle Show - a very nice man heading the FreeGo team. If they can't help you we have a stock of those switches which we've hardly had any call on. We charge a very cheeky £12 plus postage.

Advertisers