Best derestriction for Bosch Active Line?

SBirkett112

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2018
so what speed does it cut out at ? with a dongle you still get assistance but you need to spin the cranks @120rpm to get the most out of it as after 30mph its not giving much assistance and max rpm needed.
I don't really know to be honest and probably won't ride fast enough to find out. I thought I read somewhere it cuts off at 28mph.

gstheo119

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 8, 2018
I've done this magnet on the crank mod, in top gear it thinks the bike is going about 25% of its true speed so no reason you can't hit about 60mph before it cuts out - so it really is effectively unlimited.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
max speed with a bosch motor and right gearing is about 40mph max for short bursts on the flat as a dongle only removes the speed limit.

and the faster you go the less assistance the motor gives you and over 30 its the wind that slows you down more than the motor.

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
yeah, i didn't mean i could actually hit 60, just in theory. I can't quite get to the bottom of how the Active plus motor dishes out its power, it feels like it gives more help the less i put in, and vice versa, but its hard to be sure.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the max rpm is 120 so anything over this is all you tho not a problem going down hill just when it cuts in and out it jerks the power on and off.

the motor can tell how much force you are using on the peddles so when it hits max assist thats what you are feeling thus why the gearing is important for how you like to ride.

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
What I need is a bigger chain ring as am hitting max comfortable cadence pretty quickly, also 1st is way too low, but been told there is not one available. its the FSA comfort line or something - cheap looking thing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
Mines an active plus, not cx, has 38T ring, no upgrade available! might bolt a bigger ring onto it once warranty runs out.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
might have to wait a while for those as there so new but they will be expensive so id look after it for now and keep it clean and chain lubed ect.

you could change the cassette as some have 9 and 10t smallest sprockets but again will be expensive.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
nice one mate, thats the answer. I've ordered one. weird how there's basically no spares for this system though.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
Turns out Tredz in Wales has all these parts. so finally I have all the parts coming to get 4 more teeth on the front cog, be interesting to see how it cruises in top now! Great customer service BTW.

Pipster

Nov 16, 2017
I don't really know to be honest and probably won't ride fast enough to find out. I thought I read somewhere it cuts off at 28mph.
Hi Steve
Could you show me a photo of how you’ve mounted the sensor or pickup adjacent to the magnet on the crank. Is it just tie wrapped or something more sophisticated? And are your magnets kept in place by magnetic force alone? I’ve ordered the magnets but if you have a bike up and running I’d be interested how you’ve done it.
Thanks in advance
Phil

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

gstheo119

Nov 8, 2018
As someone else said, get a few sticky magnets off the internet LIKE THESE to fix onto the inside of the crank, don't bother trying to relocate the wheel magnet, it's the wrong shape. You only need 2 of these little fellas and you're in business!

Pipster

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for your reply, magnets ordered [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisers