Best Yamaha dongle

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
Hi after buying a speed box 2 and not only did it read half speed when the advert said it would show full speed but it also made the speedo glitch. So that went back and I'm now after a new one.
I would like to hear from any Yam PW owners that have or had a dongle that worked well and they would recomend.
Ta

jkz580

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2016
WI
I've been using the Peartune one for about 8 months and it works flawlessly so far. Shows accurate speed too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: tisme

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
I've been using the Peartune one for about 8 months and it works flawlessly so far. Shows accurate speed too.

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me how you turn it on and does the speedo keep up?
Nobody else use a dongle or just don't want to say?

jkz580

Oct 18, 2016
WI
It is turned on and off by just clicking the light button. The indicator on your display which shows what assist mode you are in flashes when it is active. It removes the speed limit from the bike completely. My speedo seems to keep up just fine. I have not had any problems with it.

The main thing to remember with these is that it can still be difficult to maintain high speed depending on which bike you have. Mine is on a haibike hardseven mountain bike so I'm in a fairly upright riding position. The aerodynamics of that just make it more difficult. I would say I'm a pretty fit guy, and do most of my riding on non ebikes. On a flat road if I'm working pretty hard with the speed limit removed I can cruise along at 26 - 27 MPH. It is still considerable work though. On my commutes to and from work which is about 14 miles each way, I usually average about 23 MPH. That is with a mix of flat and some hills.

• Informative

glenwatt

Feb 5, 2017
London

Sorry to break in.

Just to confirm the Peartune unit displays the correct speed or near as possible in MPH?

I had the BluePed unit and wasn't able to get MPH to work, so returned it.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
Thanks for that Glen, I was told by a German co that blueped was the best. Looks like I better order a Peartune. Ta

jkz580

Oct 18, 2016
WI
Sorry to break in.

Just to confirm the Peartune unit displays the correct speed or near as possible in MPH?

Yup. That's all I use is MPH. Works great. I compare the speed on it to my Garmin GPS and they are less than one MPH difference between the two at all times.

glenwatt

Feb 5, 2017
London
Thanks for that Glen, I was told by a German co that blueped was the best. Looks like I better order a Peartune. Ta
To be honest the guy I spoke to via email was very helpful and did offer to work with me to create a fix. However due to my personal situation I did not have time to put in any effort helping to develop the product. I just needed it to work.

So I choose a refund.

glenwatt

Feb 5, 2017
London
Yup. That's all I use is MPH. Works great. I compare the speed on it to my Garmin GPS and they are less than one MPH difference between the two at all times.

Just the info I wanted, plus less visible than my external botch job with magnets on the cranks.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
Just fitted my Peartune and very happy it dose what it says on the tin. Ta for recommending

jkz580

Oct 18, 2016
WI
Glad it worked out for you. Mine is still working great too!

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
A friend also got one for his Bosch that also is working very well incase anyone has a Bosch

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
It is turned on and off by just clicking the light button. The indicator on your display which shows what assist mode you are in flashes when it is active. It removes the speed limit from the bike completely. My speedo seems to keep up just fine. I have not had any problems with it.

The main thing to remember with these is that it can still be difficult to maintain high speed depending on which bike you have. Mine is on a haibike hardseven mountain bike so I'm in a fairly upright riding position. The aerodynamics of that just make it more difficult. I would say I'm a pretty fit guy, and do most of my riding on non ebikes. On a flat road if I'm working pretty hard with the speed limit removed I can cruise along at 26 - 27 MPH. It is still considerable work though. On my commutes to and from work which is about 14 miles each way, I usually average about 23 MPH. That is with a mix of flat and some hills.

Hi, I wondered what assist level you use when working hard to cruise at 26-27 MPH. Also what gearing do you use on your cassette and chain ring and lastly how quickly you wear out your top gears when commuting at this speed.

I also commute on a sDuro Hard Seven and use a 12 tooth top gear with a 42 tooth chain ring. I stay in eco and on the flat usually stay in the 20 to 25 MPH area when I work hard myself. I do carry heavy panniers. My current cassette is at 1292 miles with no problems but I am disciplined with myself to use eco in gears 8 or 9.

ebikemike

Just Joined
Jul 2, 2017
Birmingham
Sorry to break in.

I have recently installed a blueped on my hardseven. I have multiple issues with it. The MPH does not work accurately (or anywhere near), not all commands are successfully sent to the unit leaving it out of sync with the app, and there is a weird spot between 16MPH and 19MPH (gps) where I get no assistance even with the unit set to max.

Has anyone found fixes for this?

Advertisers