BH eMotion Display

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Only via a BH dealer or try direct to BH in Spain.

WonkyBass

Just Joined
Feb 12, 2019
I posted the following recently on another forum - hope it helps: -

My Neo Cross was parked on its kickstand when it was nudged and toppled onto a fence. The display smashed and the connector mount too. Replacing the mount with one from my small collection allowed me to get running again as the buttons still work but with no visual indication.

In August 2019 I ordered two Generation 4 BH fixed displays from Scooteretti in Canada but my order was cancelled in November as the parts were unavailable. BH no longer have a UK presence and my email request to the dealer who got me replacement batteries two years ago went unanswered. I thought about contacting BH in Spain but had the impression from other posts that they only communicate through dealers.

Googling “display emotion” wasn’t producing very useful results but adding “Neo” to this turned up a French site ecycle.fr. They showed the gen 4 display “in stock” so I took a chance and ordered two despite having to use google translate as the site is French only. They wrote back in French and English explaining that they were awaiting stock at the moment but would have them in a week. They actually delivered to me within a week of my order.

The displays are great and are switchable between kilometres and miles - the old ones were k only. The battery level is now a percentage as well as 5 bars. The replacement batteries I fitted two years ago no longer cause the display to flash 0 bars every 5 seconds. No spurious comms error codes 05 or 13 so far. There is a range estimate now built in but I haven’t worked out what it’s parameters are yet. The displays sit a little closer to the handle bars so the gear shift indicator on our Neo City is more visible. Downsides - the display can no longer be removed, which I did every time we were away from the bikes and when we covered and strapped them to the back of the car or motorhome. The new display is just as vulnerable to falling wrongly against a fence as the old one. I see new BH ebikes have a display that tucks out of the way.

I am happy again.

Attachments

Reactions: Quarryjmiller

Advertisers