BH Emotion Neo Jumper tuning

Ewok1986

Just Joined
Jul 1, 2014
Hi, thanks in advance to anyone that can help me awnserw this question.

just a quick note before i start. i am aware of the legality of de-restricting my electric bikes, i do not want it for use on the roads, its purely for off road use.

so.. can you make the jumper go any faster? i know with the Bosh systems you can buy all kinds of dongles and gizmos that enable you to go 30mph+.

specs of the bike are at the link

http://www.bhbikes.com/web/en/easy-motion-ebikes/technology/neo/neo-jumper-650b.html

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes. You need the S06S controller from BMSBattery and one of their LCDs (LCD3 is nice). That will give a speed of about 35 km/h (no load) depending which motor you have. Do you know if it's the Bafang or Dapu. If you haven't got a throttle, you can get one at the same time as the as the controller. I don't think it'll work with the Torque sensor, so, if you want PAS, you should get a PAS sensor too just in case. They only cost $1.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I am not sure the dapu motor can be deristricted.I can feel the assist up to 32kmh.but weak after 28-29 kmh.But you can run the whole system on a 48v battery with no problem.controller and display accepts it.It will then get more climbing power and ca 40 kmh max speed.as far as I know the neo nitro 48v battery fits right in the frame.I used a 48v battery on the rack.

Backin5

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2014
Yes, no dongle as such for the Neo's. 48v Nitro battery gives you 35 - 38 kph with a lot more noise and reduced range. It's not really worth the trade off IMHO.

Neo Nitro gets you 46 - 50 kph, which can get you into trouble in a number of ways.

I've found fitting slimmer, non knobbly tyres helps no end. Not so much in top end, I get 32 - 34 flat out on my Bafang Xtrem, but much easier getting and keeping it there.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I didnt notice any more noise from my Dapu motor neo cross.Maybe thats only a problem for the bafang motor?I belive Pedego uses the Dapu motor on 48volt without problems.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
This is possibly a daft one, and I've no doubt that at some stage someone must have tried this, but reading through my manual this morning, I wondered if something as simple as changing the wheel size calibration on the console would work?

The range on the console can be set to differing wheel sizes from 16" through to 28" and if the system is designed to cut off at 25kph, then perhaps it could be tricked by programming in the 16" wheel size?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Great idea, but it's already been tried. The controller gets a speed pulse from inside the hub, so it limits rpm rather than speed. If you could fit a bigger wheel, the speed of would increase.

Zeckez

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Yes. You need the S06S controller from BMSBattery and one of their LCDs (LCD3 is nice). That will give a speed of about 35 km/h (no load) depending which motor you have. Do you know if it's the Bafang or Dapu. If you haven't got a throttle, you can get one at the same time as the as the controller. I don't think it'll work with the Torque sensor, so, if you want PAS, you should get a PAS sensor too just in case. They only cost $1.
Hello, I'm from Germany and sorry my English is not so good. My question is. I have a NEO Cross Modell 2014 and im searching for a Solution like Controller S06s. But the Motorsystem at NEO Cross is not a Middle Motor !! Is it althoug the right Controller System for me?? Or have somewhere a another Solution for me to drive with the System faster than 25 km/h. The solution with 48v Akku ist good but to expensive for me!!

Advertisers