Big Bear - Motor Gone?

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
The only connector on the bike side that is not connected is red/black/white.

The only thing that will connect to it from the controller (other than things that are not used, such as the red/black/purple) is the red/blue/yellow.

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
You shouldn't have put it all back together until it was working properly. Do one connector at a time. Use a meter to determine the connection sequence. Use logic. Test. Just putting random connectors together because they fit will only get you into trouble.
I had no idea that these things have to be done in sequence.

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
Okay, Mr Woosh, I went through the sequence (great tip about leaving the bike half in the rack and connected!)
Okay until the speed sensor was connected, then pedal assist went back to on/off/on/off etc.

Andy suggested that I might have damaged the speed sensor with my connecting of everything to everything else.

As far as I'm concerned, the speedometer is the least important thing anyway.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Post some pictures of the old controller and the speed sensor, we will help you fix it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I mean the speed sensor 's connector. I will help you to identify the signal wire.

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
Okay, I'll go down in a bit, if I can disconnect my person from the sofa.

Hopefully, the connector is male, and doesn't identify as something in-between ;)

I'll go and take a pic soon, but as the speedometer was working okay yesterday morning, I suspect Andy may be right.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
From bike - red/black/white
Controller - red/blue/yellow

Old controller (and (almost) new one correspond exactly to above pic
can you confirm that when connected, red from bike is to connected to red on the controller, black to blue and white to yellow? and your old controller, the speed sensor connector has the same red/blue/yellow female?
If that is the case, Andy can supply an external speed sensor.

Speed sensor, controller side:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have internal speed sensor then the external wire connection is redundant, using both causes conflict. The external is of use should the internal one fail then one has to cut disconnect the white speed wire for it.

Advertisers