Bigger front ring - Bosch Active Cruise 2014

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Thanks Deno. Yes, its a 2.5 multiplier so 18T will equate to a 45 chainring, which will be more comparable to my non-assisted bike, if I use the middle to small sprockets. The larger sprockets will be useful reserve for more severe inclines as I get older! I'm not sure of the length of my current chain which is mfrs original equipment: do you reckon I would need a longer chain for 3 extra teeth?

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
I didn't lengthen the chain but I think that the chain was too long originally. It works out as per the following calculator actually:

Its much better with the 18T. I would possibly consider going for a 19T as I am predominantly on the small cogs on my commute, thereby wearing out the cassette, but I am worried about climbing ability. Also I have started towing a child trailer so I may leave it as is now.

Reactions: Phil Dryden

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Yes, I think I will stick at 18T, as I don't want to run into problems with possible fouling of the cover/chainguard. Still want to retain them, as its additional protection around the crank area. Call it bearing paranoia. Thanks for the link.

Advertisers