Bike repair stand

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I bought the £19.95 one from Lidl a very short time ago. Assembled in garage but not yet in use. Seems pretty solid.

I think they were about £25 originally. Might be they are only in a few branches.

Just realised I could be helpful and add a piccie! (From a search, not mine.)

Last edited:
Reactions: KEN OPENSHAW

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Bought an Aldi version a few years ago, used it all the time and coped well with a Giant Full E, Giant Anthem, Giant Defy, Oxygen MTB.
Make sure the feet are spread out well for weighty ebikes.

Reactions: oyster

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I looked at the lidl one but ruled out:confused: because I can trip over a feather and with the 4 legs I could see the whole lot on the floor:rolleyes:

Reactions: oyster

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
i got the Lidl one. It is ok but I have found it difficult to tighten it up sufficiently to hold the weight of bike and it spins towards the motor. My son has a Park tools one which is much more substantial, and expensive. I suppose it depends how much it's used

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I bought the cheap one from Halfords. £30 after discount. This was despite the Halfords guy telling me it wasn’t up to the job. It is and it’s the best accessory I have bought. Hold the 25kilo Crossfuse very sturdily and easy to adjust. Quick to pack away too

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
I bought a fairly decent one but being a 70yr old weakling ,with a real heavy bike, I fount it almost impossible to lift the bike up, hold it up,and do up the clamp all at the same time. :(

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
The Halfords one allows you to rest the top frame member on the lower jaw of the clamp and it balances there very nicely while you screw the clamp closed
Mike

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I bought a fairly decent one but being a 70yr old weakling ,with a real heavy bike, I fount it almost impossible to lift the bike up, hold it up,and do up the clamp all at the same time. :(
Set your bike on two upturned buckets whilst doing the clamp up and then remove the buckets ;) simples.
PS don't forget to put the buckets back under the wheels before undoing the clamp :p

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
You could make a simple timber bench style ramp to aid 'lifting', clamp the bike, remove the ramp. Saves lifting the bike completely.

Advertisers