Bosch charger - plug fuse

colin79666

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 23, 2015
Midlothian
My charger came with a euro plug and an adaptor. It's just a standard C7 (fig 8) cable so I'd like to swap it with a UK one. The fuse in the adaptor is 1A but the charger has a label saying the input is 1.5A. Can anyone confirm the fuse rating with their Bosch Active/Performance Line charger?

colin79666

May 23, 2015
Midlothian
OK will swap the fuse over and see what happens. I guess the worst that happens is the fuse pops where as too big a fuse could be dangerous.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I have two chargers, one with the euro plug and adapter and one with a UK plug fitted. Both supplied with KTM bikes.
Both chargers read 1.5A and output 36V 4A Oddly with one of the chargers, the battery charging lights never go out, and with the other they do. Not sure which way around that it is though, but think it is the UK version that never goes out.

Last edited:

colin79666

May 23, 2015
Midlothian
Thanks. When I popped the fuse cover off I found the 1A fuse is shorter so wouldn't fit in the other plug. Put the cover back on and used the adaptor today when charging the bike. Seemed to charge fine and didn't blow the fuse or trip the RCD in the garage.

Advertisers