Bosch Cordless Drill

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I have been on the lookout for a new cordless drill for a few weeks. My old Bosch battery drill gave up (motor knackerd) after many years of faithful service.

I have seen this one at B&Q. If I buy a 10 pence bolt as well, it qualifies for the 20% discount making the drill £80. I don't think that's bad for a Li drill with two batteries.

Any thoughts from the experts regarding the batteries? Based on the knowledge that I have picked up on here, I thought that they might get a bit stressed with only being 1.5Ah.

The drill will mainly be used for DIY purposes and for drilling holes in those who displease me.

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Personally I'd go for a Bosch Professional (the blue ones) 14.4v combi. A bit more expensive though.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I'm tempted by the blue range. The equivalent (Blue 18V Combi) to the one mentioned above is £140 with two batteries. Screwfix are selling second batteries for £40. My previous green range drill lasted 10 years and I would be happy to get the same life from a new one.

Decisions! Is the blue drill worth the extra £60? I have the weekend to decide.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Over the years I've upgraded my DIY tools with blue Bosch, I'm extremely satisfied with them. I have some 10.8v cordless drills/driver and a saw and they're much more powerful than you'd think. Plus they claim to keep spare parts for a minimum of 10 years, though I've never needed them. Some places sell them for well below the RRP, and the prices can vary incredibly. I'd say they're worth it though.

Advertisers