Bosch CX Intermittent power loss - error 530 - FIXED

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah it looks like the pins have worn down due to the position of the batt if it only does it when it is connected.

could be a 2-3 hr job to replace that cable tho if they have not done it on that bike b4.

daniellondon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2019
yeah it looks like the pins have worn down due to the position of the batt if it only does it when it is connected.

could be a 2-3 hr job to replace that cable tho if they have not done it on that bike b4.
I need to see Peter from performance line bearings anyway for general motor maintenance so I might ask him if he can offer me a good deal to replace these too if he has time. He posts a lot on most of the eBike forum and seems like a top notch bloke so contact him if you have any serious issues. He has most spare parts in his workshop..at least the motor related ones.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats why there is a link to his site in everyone of my posts under my bike ;)

Bearing Man

Trade Member

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Soundwave, I just wanted to thank you for your support with regards my company. If you ever need any motor related, help or parts, please let me know that it's you. I will be happy to look after you as a big thank you.

back then he was in a shed but seems these days when you walk in to any local bike shop with a ebike they charge you 2-3 times more to work on them.

its why i have now most of the tools to fix most things my self as like to do it anyway just finding the right bearings for these motors is a pita you order the one with the same code on it then you find it wont fit as there custom made for bosch or brose ect fkn drives you up the wall as they still wont sell any parts to anyone.

they just expect you to bin it and buy new motors for the sake of a £10 bearing boils my **** lol.

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
Long time lurker on here - I couldn't find much in the way of info to help with my problem so I’m posting this so that others may benefit from my experience – it’s no fun worrying about suffering a power loss 20 miles from home at my age!

My 3 year old 6000 miles Cube Reaction recently developed a habit of shutting down at random points in a ride, usually with the display showing a flashing empty power pack, but no error message. It refused to power up again unless I removed the power pack and reinstalled it. Sometimes I made it back home without any further shut downs, and sometimes not. A battery reset didn't solve the problem

It did eventually show error 530 which gave me something to go on. “remove and reinstall power pack – if this doesn’t work consult a dealer”. Hmmm, that sounded expensive!

Fortunately my partner has a similar bike so I tried her battery on my bike which solved my problem. I also tried my battery on her bike and it worked perfectly!

OK, so it had to be something to do with my power pack connecting to my bike. After searching umpteen forums for advice I cleaned all the terminals and adjusted the power pack mountings so that the pack was held as tight as possible but the problem persisted.

Next I decided to try swapping out the wiring loom from the power pack to the motor – problem solved!

Once I could closely inspect the original socket/terminals I was surprised how badly the terminals had worn and become pitted. In future I’ll mostly charge the power pack on the bike to at least avoid some wear
Just to say thanks!

After 20k km I started to have a similar issue with power loss and the motor cutting out. Tried strapping the battery etc. but it was obvious that the frame mount battery connection was quite worn. Also I noticed that the socket on the battery was starting to get damaged at the negative terminal with the plastic melting around the connectors.

So I got a new loom as you did and fitted it last night and it worked a treat. No more connection issues and a lot more power and the motor feel much more responsive so I'm delighted.

Advertisers