Bosch EMTB and controller upgrade

Tofu21

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2017
U.K.
hi,

I'm waiting on delivery of my Orbea Wild that should be with me in the next week or two

It comes with the intuvia and will have the latest EMTB mode installed.

I don't like the look of the big unit so am thinking about changing to the Purion. Is it just a mater of unplugging the old intuvia and plugging in the Purion?

Thanks

Simon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
hi,

I'm waiting on delivery of my Orbea Wild that should be with me in the next week or two

It comes with the intuvia and will have the latest EMTB mode installed.

I don't like the look of the big unit so am thinking about changing to the Purion. Is it just a mater of unplugging the old intuvia and plugging in the Purion?

Thanks

Simon
Each to their own I suppose but I think the intuvia is neat enough and gives all the necessary info. I believe, but cannot confirm that the purion is plugin compatible with the intuvia it's more a question of why would it not be?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Each to their own I suppose but I think the intuvia is neat enough and gives all the necessary info. I believe, but cannot confirm that the purion is plugin compatible with the intuvia it's more a question of why would it not be?
Update ... Check back on this strand under changing intuvia to purion a set of posting in 2016 and it seems to indicate that the motor compartment needs to be opened !

Tofu21

Aug 9, 2017
U.K.
I wonder if there is any upgrade to the controller as part the firmware upgrade.

I normally ride with a Garmin 810, that does mapping etc... and is a fairly big computer. if I'm not careful the bike will look like a branch of Dixons.

Tofu21

Aug 9, 2017
U.K.
Update ... Check back on this strand under changing intuvia to purion a set of posting in 2016 and it seems to indicate that the motor compartment needs to be opened !
I've seen some of them, so I'm not expecting it to be a quick job.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I wonder if there is any upgrade to the controller as part the firmware upgrade.

I normally ride with a Garmin 810, that does mapping etc... and is a fairly big computer. if I'm not careful the bike will look like a branch of Dixons.
... And that's a bad thing? My house looks more like a branch of the British science museum. With electronics kit spanning generations of computers from acorn Archimedes onwards, .. I got rid of the Teletype.

Advertisers