Bosch frame fit Battery replacement type

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
I have a battery like this white one on my KTM macina 26...KTMbattery.jpg
and am looking yo upgrade to 500wh with one like this...BOSCHbattery.jpg

I have a Bosch system on my bike and the battery is frame mounted, id that enough to ensure compatibility?
Can anyone tell me if the black is compatible with the mounting for the white one?

Really appreciate the advice, thanks.

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
You'll have to be more specific. What bike is it? How old is it? Pictures of battery holder (minus battery) would probably help.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Incompatible.

Your bike is a Bosch Gen 1
The battery in the second picture is a Bosch Gen 2. It won't fit.

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Many thanks Wander! That will help me search and hopefully find a compatible battery online, avoiding any returns ....

Sadly I have a strange feeling I'll be disappointed looking for anything larger than 400Wh, but on the plus side it does mean I'm not spending over £500 hopefully.

If anyone does know of any Bosch gen 1 batteries over 400 Wh I'd be glad of a link?

Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
I have recently settled for one of these, which gives me a good trade off between capacity and cost. At 13ah and under £500 I'm hoping it's going to work out OK.... And it cost just a shade less than I spent buying the bike second hand!

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Yes, I'm well aware of that, but would lose my bike whilst the cells were upgraded.... So the plan is to rec eive this battery, ride it for a couple thousand miles, then maybe send back the original battery for Jimmy to work his magic, all the time I still have a usable bike.

Yes I know I'm being impatient and risk averse, but it was a considered choice that ensures I get to keep riding my primary pedelec without interruption.

Speaking of risk averse, do you get any warranty with Jimmy? I guess not? With Amazon I know where I stand.

But yeah, I do appreciate the advice for Jimmy's service and it is a [lace I intend to go in the future....

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Yes, it's a difficult one when you need your bike to stay on the road. Being a kit builder, it always makes me twitch at the price of the batteries for the factory stuff, but it is what it is. If you choose to use Jimmy in the future, he's a top bloke with a very good reputation and world class equipment and will deff. stand by any work he carries out for you.

Advertisers