Bosch gen 1 powerpack battery design flaw

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
I recently decided to invest in one of these batteries, pic below....31TZq4oM8oL._SCLZZZZZZZ__AA142_.jpg
However despite being quite happy with my new range and power I have recently had to write to the supplier see below....

I have recently discovered that although I lock the battery in place it can still be simply lifted away from the holding... the lock has no effect!

On closer looking there is a bolt screwed through causing an obstruction to the locking mechanism perhaps?

I may experiment with cutting that away, but meanwhile have drilled a hole to fit a lock of my own.

I realise the manufacturer always tell us this lock is not proof against theft... but I did expect it to work as for my previous battery.

I thought I should let you know... if all these batteries have this fault you could alert the manufacturers perhaps?
Anyone else had one of these batteries? Is it a design flaw, or did I get a bad 'un?

Whichever...I'll be a lot happier once my Abus cable lock arrives and is installed....

PS sorry about random emoticons, can't seem to remove them!31TZq4oM8oL._SCLZZZZZZZ__AA142_.jpg

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I know there were two types of lock fitted, one allows the battery to be fitted with the lock locked and the key removed, the other doesn't, whether that makes any difference to your battery I don't know.

Advertisers