BOSCH gen 4 active lineplus error code 500

Scoobs222

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 23, 2020
So this error code came up on my crossfuse ebike about 4 days ago and since then, I've had this error come up once or twice everyday but it will come on, disable the motor but not for very long. Once I restart the lcd unit, its running fine again. According to bosch it's an internal motor fault but could it be something else seeing as its still works 95% of the time? For now anyway! The motors done 15k miles to be fair and its out of warranty..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there are 73 different 500 codes so could be anything but peter might be able tp fix the controller if it is that causing the fault.

he can also rebuild the motor with new bearings.

Scoobs222

Mar 23, 2020
there are 73 different 500 codes so could be anything but peter might be able tp fix the controller if it is that causing the fault.

he can also rebuild the motor with new bearings.
Wow that's some in depth knowledge lol halfords didn't even know that code existed! Anyway it's been booked in by halfords to be sent off to bosch for repairs, I'm just waiting for it to fail completely before I send it as its running fine for now, just a funny 5 minutes everyday!

Thanks for the website, I'll bear that in mind for next time.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
out of warranty there is only 1 option a new motor so it wont be cheap but if you send it to peter he can try and fix it and it will be good as new.

Scoobs222

Mar 23, 2020
out of warranty there is only 1 option a new motor so it wont be cheap but if you send it to peter he can try and fix it and it will be good as new.

Thank you, I've emailed David, will most likely pop it down next week. I haven't had the error 500 today but had lots of code 510... And it's cuts out more than code 500

Scoobs222

Mar 23, 2020

Any ideas on price for new motor? I wonder if Peter can sort it out if needed..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
peter is a bosch dealer so has access to the magura site for the newer motors and prices as dont sell direct to the public.

tho going of the price of other new motors it will be about £1000 if it is a wright off but if he can sort the fault and replace the bearings it will be alot cheaper.

they will pay for the postage all you have to do is box it up ready and when he has a look inside can give you a price to fix it if they can.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Scoobs222

Mar 23, 2020
Thanks for your reply guys, it was water damage on the motherboard and alot of dirt in there too. David dealt with me and gave me a nice refurbed motor for a very good price :)

Advertisers