Bosch system charge external device

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Just wanted to show something that I needed to try today. My GPS was dead so I thought I needed to try charging from the Intuvia display. So I tried a regular USB-OTG cable from ebay. And a short cable to the GPS.

Worked like a charm. Really great that you can have ebike system as backup power :) my phone is often low also so this cable is now in bag for use on longer rides. A must have I think, if you have something that needs to be charged regularly.

Maybe the OTG-cable can be used for something else also, have no idea, but it might be the same as used in fault service analyze and such.

Bosch Intuvia charge.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
@Sambal Oelek

Off topic, but is that a remote switch for a Magic Shine light that I see between the Intuvia and the phone?

If so, how do you rate the light and which model is it?

In respect of the Intuvia usb. I hate anything unnecessary on the handlebars, and just keep my phone which has OS maps installed, in the rear pocket of my cycle jersey. Although relatively new, my phone battery never seems to last that long, but I have found one of these to be very good. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232082630899?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
@Sambal Oelek

Off topic, but is that a remote switch for a Magic Shine light that I see between the Intuvia and the phone?

If so, how do you rate the light and which model is it?

In respect of the Intuvia usb. I hate anything unnecessary on the handlebars, and just keep my phone which has OS maps installed, in the rear pocket of my cycle jersey. Although relatively new, my phone battery never seems to last that long, but I have found one of these to be very good. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232082630899?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Yes it's a MS-610C with multi kit. I'm very happy with it. Light is good on full mode. Step 2 is not ok for forrest but good on roads. No blink mode which is good I think.

Remote only when used on helmet. Otherwise I agree. Not more crap than necessary.

Yes power bank is great also. But then you have to think of charging that one also and it weighs more than a cable but good point is you can keep everything in a bag or something out of the way.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
We sound very similar in our likes and dislikes. :D

I also hate the blink mode on lights, and thanks for sharing the details about the light. I'm very happy with my Fenix BT20, but it is always good to learn what others are using, and I've always like the Magicshine range of lights.

Ref carrying crap on the handlebars, or even the bike itself, it seems to me that ebike riders are the worst for it. I just don't get it, especially where eMTB's are concerned.
It just adds more weight, looks dreadful, is distracting, more to get knocked off/broken in the event of a fall, more to get caught up on undergrowth, makes the bike a pain to lift and carry over anything, makes leaving the bike unattended risky, and causes hassle in the event of a puncture.
I cannot see one plus point, but we are all different, and have differing requirements. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deere John

Advertisers