Bpm motor

wolfmandave15

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2015
Is there any reason why there are no rear wheel bpm motors,
I have a big bear front wheel bpm very powerful hill climber but in wet conditions very quick to spin out.
I also have a another bike which is 500 watt rear wheel direct drive motor which doesn't have any where near the torque of the bear but handle's beautifully in the wet, so is there such a thing as a rear hub bpm
Dave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, the woosh Zephyr B has rear BPM motor wheel.
It will cope with muddy tracks.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-b

woosh will also introduce shortly the revised Sport bike with rear Bafang SWX02 motor and 15AH battery. The SWX02 has about 90% of the power of the BPM but weighs a lot less.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BMSB do them as do GBK when they have stock mostly though they tend to be 350 or 500w, other wise its the more costly cst.
The Q's are quite a good match for the BPM either 36 or 48V, use the search for the older threads I believe they were good for 20 amps. For 36v the H version also comes in 260rpm so good for 19/20mph or 32km/h the 201rpm 15mph or 25km/h in a 26" wheel. Pro's are they are lighter and smaller plenty on ES about them as well. They are having issues on ES though with their Q's as the clutches are jamming and springs are snapping which actuate the clutch rollers though they tend to over volt and over amp them by some margin some up to 1kw so looks like they don#tlike to be cooked so can't take the extra power too well.

Last edited:

wolfmandave15

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2015
Thanks for the replies trex and Nealh I like the look of the zephyr b. I now know after 6 months of ownership that wheel drive is my preference.
Thanks for the info.
Dave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are three reasons why woosh install the motor at the front wheel instead of the rear on the Big Bear.
1. reduced risk of damaging the gearbox and of breaking to the spokes on the motor wheel. Unlike motors mounted on the rear wheel of a hardtail, the front motor cannot stall. The Zephyr-b has a rear BPM but also rear suspension and the power ramp is softer.
2. better weight distribution
3. two wheel driving with human powering the rear wheel.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, also their Raptor and Forza have rear wheel drive. Most Ezee bikes are front wheel drive.

C

Cyclezee

yes, also their Raptor and Forza have rear wheel drive. Most Ezee bikes are front wheel drive.
You forgot the Quando;) Last week I shipped one to North Wales for the daughter of the eZee CEO.

Advertisers