branding by shop, should I get a refund?

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Ok so I got one of these delivered today. Had been faffing about with puncture repair kits in parts for ages and the other day when I needed my old kit to work the glue was bad or something. So I ordered one of these kits from lezyne and it arrived today.

I flipped it over and expected as in reviews a plain blue side but instead I found a huge ugly probikekit logo that looks scabby with the paint done badly, sort of defeats the idea of spending slightly more on a nicer looking bit of kit.

Anyway what do you think?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
These are the sort of item that companies stick logos on and then give away as freebies at trade shows or to customers.I reckon you've been palmed off with some leftover stock. If it really bothers you and its not as advertised then you have every right I'd have thought

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
These are the sort of item that companies stick logos on and then give away as freebies at trade shows or to customers.I reckon you've been palmed off with some leftover stock. If it really bothers you and its not as advertised then you have every right I'd have thought
You've got every right to send it back for any reason under the distance selling regulations. Do it now:)

D

Deleted member 4366

I agree with Kristin. It's a left over freebie, but it'll still work the same. Just make sure that you only look at it from the good side.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Emailed them and it seems they are sending out a replacement.
Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.

We are sorry you recieved this incorrectly.

I have now requested a replacement to be sent out to you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Joanne
ProBikeKit Customer Service Team
I could now have 2 ugly branded kits but it makes them as cheap as buying the patches without the case so it seems ok.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
2nd kit arrived exactly the same, seems to be cheaper than the patches now tho so ok I guess.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Try some nail varnish remover -or acetate

Bit of that and a cloth and should come right off

Careful not to touch any plastic bits though - the print is on metal, right ?

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Try some nail varnish remover -or acetate

Bit of that and a cloth and should come right off

Careful not to touch any plastic bits though - the print is on metal, right ?
It looks much the same as on the lezyne logo but bigger. I think it's normal aluminum with blue/silver paint on so that might just turn the entire back to bare metal. Will likely give the spare to my partner and let her do something arty with it.

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Is it really worth bothering about lettering on puncture repair kit, life is to short. Polish it off with some T-Cut if it's that bad.

Last edited:

Advertisers