Bultaco Brinco

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
why not?
power (in Watts) = torque (in NM) * angular speed (radians/s)
a 250W motor at 60NM will rotate your 700C wheel at 250W/(60NM * 2 radians *PI()) = 0.66rev/s, equals to 0.66 * 4.4m/s equals to 10.5km/h or 6.5mph.
but to my mind this is relevant to a post about 2kw motored e-bikes: I have a DIY 3KW job (BPM, S12SH, hobbyking lipos) and a friend with an oxydrive 250w. There is a VERY steep hill we both use - his 250w hub motor hauls my 100kg ass up there without a problem (admittedly without the pupil dilating wheelies of the 3kw bike), and there is a distinct digging in around 6mph that correlates with this calculation. the more I use e-bikes the more I wonder why anyone needs more than 250W.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
i have a test ride in place at colwyn bay motorcycles on the brinco this coming week,i will report back on performance for anyone interested.

turbo911

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 23, 2015
when you compare the brinco to the stealth how does the acceleration match up.
on the flat the brinko is slightly quicker but then the mrs is 2 stone lighter, on a hill the bomber destroys it, on rough going the bomber again would destroy it, the bronco motor would get to hot and shut down having said that you could have nearly 3 brinko,s for the price of 1 bomber, and if i hadn't got a bomber yes i would buy a brinco in a flash they are good....

turbo911

Nov 23, 2015
thought i would add the only thing i don't like about the Brinco is the throttle as it seems to hold on giving the motor power after you close it only for about half a second or so but i really don't like this if pushing on on trials i think it would have me off, having said that you could modify with a domino throttle for about £70........

interpaul

Apr 22, 2016
I have been testing a Brinco for a week - as a former MX/Dirtbike rider I like it a lot. The fact the throttle is independent of the drivetrain is a big deal for me.

I tried a Haibike but the Pedelec just doesn't do it for me - I want power when I am not pedalling so I can slide round corners on the throttle.

Also like the look of Qulbix

Mar 9, 2016
I had a very quick go on Brinco , loved it but nearer a light enduri/ trials bike than a pedelec..
Really impressive tho..
Not really fair to compare with Haibike but I do know what you mean...
Its great following tracks in Derbyshire I know full well I,d be arrested for using trials bike on !!! Its a nice compromise, not a motorbike, but great all same..
Brinco would replace my 125 enduro bike...perhaps...

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The brinco must be selling well because they have just put the price up to £3995,later in the year there is a race series brinco model coming out with higher spec and more power.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The dealer where i bought mine said that a road legal version of the brinco is available from bultaco that can be registered and insured,the price is higher by 300 to £400 plus on the road costs,he wasn`t too sure because nobody had asked for one.

Last edited:

interpaul

Apr 22, 2016
thought i would add the only thing i don't like about the Brinco is the throttle as it seems to hold on giving the motor power after you close it only for about half a second or so but i really don't like this if pushing on on trials i think it would have me off, having said that you could modify with a domino throttle for about £70........
I found this as well - will be buying a Brinco soon. Could you give me more info on what throttle body you suggest?

Cheers

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I sold my brinco because the risk wasn`t worth it,a guy bought for his son who is a top mx rider and he is made up with it,the latest one are being restricted to 15 mph according to the dealers.

interpaul

Apr 22, 2016
I sold my brinco because the risk wasn`t worth it,a guy bought for his son who is a top mx rider and he is made up with it,the latest one are being restricted to 15 mph according to the dealers.
I now own one - I have ridden MX and Supermotos for years - I like the Throttle and far prefer it to a pedelec.

So for me, it's very easy and familiar to use a throttle, it's what attracted me to the bike in the first place.

I can understand if you are not used to a throttle, then it may feel odd. My mate who has no moto experience didn't like it that much.

My bike is not restricted thank feck...

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I meant it wasn`t worth the risk because i couldn`t get insurance anywhere and i didn`t want to be involved in any accidents.

Reactions: D8ve

Marko

Nov 1, 2016
Nantwich
Just bought mine really please with it only done about 100 miles so will update with more information as i use it.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
All i can say is be careful because they attract attention from chavs and the old bill,mind you it didn`t help that i was doing 45 mph and keeping up with all the cars on the road.
New owner loves it as he uses it for mx practice.

Marko

Nov 1, 2016
Nantwich
When i do use it on the road i just leave it in eco, luckily its all country lanes road me so not much traffic.
Off road I just taking my time at he moment to get use to it.
I understand a lot of people disagree with this bike but from my position as someone with bad arthritis in my feet and knees its been a revelation, I did try Haibikes but this suited me better.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
When i do use it on the road i just leave it in eco, luckily its all country lanes road me so not much traffic.
Off road I just taking my time at he moment to get use to it.
I understand a lot of people disagree with this bike but from my position as someone with bad arthritis in my feet and knees its been a revelation, I did try Haibikes but this suited me better.
If it was road legal and insured then fine. But not as an uninsured motorcycle in bikes clothing. That gets a bad name for the legal ones.
If you need a moped then some of the Honda ones are really good.

• Agree
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Marko

Nov 1, 2016
Nantwich
I do agree I'm looking into registering it it i have a bike licence so will see how easy it is tax would be free I sure you used to be able to register motox bikes for day use only so no lights or indicators needed just a horn not 100% on that though.
As for the bad name you should speak to the guy I saw today on KTM ebike wheeling down the road!!

Reactions: D8ve

Advertisers