Byocycle Ibex No Drive?

copperpotuk

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2015
I have a Byocycle ibex, its about a year and a half old, I used it this morning to get a few miles to work, all was fine.
10 hours later I've put it on and although I have power to the horn and lights, pedal assist sensor I get no drive, no noise, nothing, pedal assist and throttle both do nothing, the battery shows charged, the manual on the byocycle is for the 2015 ibex.
where do I start??

20150329_180432.jpg 20150329_180135.jpg 20150329_180247.jpg 20150329_180452.jpg 20150329_180349.jpg

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

A brake sensor is probably stuck. If you can't see anything obvious at the brake lever, you need to disconnect them from the controller to confirm. The controller is in that compartment on the front of the battery. The brake wires will probably have two two-wire connectors the same.

copperpotuk

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2015
d8veh thanks, nothing obvious so popped open the box and disconnected brake sensors and the bike runs, so I have a sensor issue, can this be repaired or is it new sensors?

D

Deleted member 4366

A two into one connector makes it a bit tricky. You'll be OK with just one switch, so cut one of those red wires about 2" from the connector. You have a 50/50 chance. If it's not that one, strip back a bit of insulation, twist the ends together and cut the other one. Insulate everything when you've finished.

The switches are most tiny push switches. When the lever's in its home position, it holds the plunger down, so the switch is off. One switch must be jammed on. To get at them you have to remove the pin from the lever so that you can slide out the switch from the lever side after unscrewing the sleeve nut, like you've done in the photo. . There's a little rubber cover over it, which you can pull off, then unclip the cover on the switch to service it. I managed to repair a few.

copperpotuk

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2015
d8veh thank you, I got the correct wire first time and all is working fine again, it was the front brake lever, I've ordered a new set from evil bay for £11 as a back up in case the other one goes, again thanks for your swift response and sharing your knowledge to get me back on the road again. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

When you get your new one, you can cut the wires and join them under that black spiral stuff if it's too difficult to thread it through the frame. When you join the wires, it's always best to solder them and insulate with heat-shrink tube.

Advertisers