Can anyone shed some light on this?

benji80

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 4, 2017
Reading
I recently had the crank on my cyclotricity pedal assist bike. This is having had the bike for two months. It does get a lot of use as I am a deliveroo rider so can easily do 50 miles a day. First few days after the crank was replaced no problems, bike going a lot better. However tonight it is going quick on eco mode like it is on full power. I have also noticed when I brake then release the brakes it can move without pedaling. So is this a fault with the pedal sensor or could it be something else like the motor is on the way out? Or could it be the crank that was fitted is not suitable for that particular bike?

benji80

Oct 4, 2017
Reading
No I don't have a throttle. Left it overnight to dry out as it was raining yesterday. Tried it out today and the control panel was changing speed setting on its own. Could be the control panel at fault. Will phone cyclotricity tomorrow

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
No I don't have a throttle. Left it overnight to dry out as it was raining yesterday. Tried it out today and the control panel was changing speed setting on its own. Could be the control panel at fault. Will phone cyclotricity tomorrow
Most likely there's water on the circuits that hasn't fully evaporated. Can you leave it in a room next to a hot radiator, with a window slightly open to let moisture escape?

D

Deleted member 4366

It sounds like water in the display. Which display do you have?

benji80

Oct 4, 2017
Reading
It is indoors atm so hopefully will dry out. I have a basic led display with lights on. It is the cheap one on the cyclotricity site

D

Deleted member 4366

They do leak. I've had to replace some on other people's bikes that had water in. If it's only the PAS levels playing up, you might get away with drying, but once the switch goes, you're out.

Some of them have screws, so you can open them to dry out, but make sure you switch off the battery or disconnect the LED panel first because there's a battery voltage connection in there and you don't want to short it to anything sensitive when a drop of water moves.

Advertisers