Can you please identify the battery for this bike.

Battery type and power

• 24v

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 36v

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Syncro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2017
Essex
I have a bike with the LEV logo on the front but nobody seems to know anything about it. I need to replace the battery but it does not have a voltage indicated on the case. is it 24v or 36v?, It is a 4 pin connector. as shown on the picture. Any information would be great. I bought it from someone who had left it in the shed for a long time and the batteries were totally shot, I them compounded the problem by running over the charger with a Land Rover. OpsP1020087.JPG P1020088.JPG P1020088.JPG P1020093.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to pull out the motor controller. it sits in the compartment underneath the battery. The voltage should be written on it. Most likely, only the outer pins of that connector will have wires to them. You can see that when you take the controller out.

Reactions: Syncro

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Did the charger not have a V rating on it ?
Open the battery and count the BMS thin sense wires 7 or 8 is 24v and 10 or 11 is 36v.

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
You have to pull out the motor controller. it sits in the compartment underneath the battery. The voltage should be written on it. Most likely, only the outer pins of that connector will have wires to them. You can see that when you take the controller out.
Hello Thanks for your reply, I have taken out all the wires and the only thing I can find is a small blue device with a small adjuster screw in the side, it has only two wires coming from it. It is marked = BROCHEN 3296, GZ Electron
3 = = = = !=====1 and on the top has X503 009C. Can you identify anything from this.P1020865.JPG P1020866.JPG

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
Hello Thanks for your reply, I have taken out all the wires and the only thing I can find is a small blue device with a small adjuster screw in the side, it has only two wires coming from it. It is marked = BROCHEN 3296, GZ Electron
3 = = = = !=====1 and on the top has X503 009C. Can you identify anything from this.View attachment 20579 View attachment 20580
Open the battery and count the BMS thin sense wires 7 or 8 is 24v and 10 or 11 is 36v.
Hello Unfortunately I do no longer have the battery or the charger, hence my problem I have been using it as a push bike, The charger got run over in the garage by a land rover.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The blue thing is most likely the max speed adjuster.

It looks like the controller is one of those that wraps around the bottom bracket. They're not very common, so i don't know much about them, though there was a thread about another bike that had one. Maybe someone can remember something about it. it was a 202 wheel folding bike IIRC.

The battery wires are doubled up to the pins on the receiver, so two are positive and two negative, but you can just use the outside ones if you want. The batteries often have 4 terminals in them with only two connected anyway.

Without further information, the only thing I can suggest is to test with one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/60V-3A-DC-High-Precision-Compact-Digital-Adjustable-Switching-Power-Supply-OVP-OCP-OTP-Low-Power/32338416451.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.BV1KDd
Set it to 3A and 24v and clip it to the two outer terminals. Test with the wheel off the ground. If the bike works, it's a 24v system. if it doesn't, try 33v. If it works at that, it's 36v.

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
The blue thing is most likely the max speed adjuster.

It looks like the controller is one of those that wraps around the bottom bracket. They're not very common, so i don't know much about them, though there was a thread about another bike that had one. Maybe someone can remember something about it. it was a 202 wheel folding bike IIRC.

The battery wires are doubled up to the pins on the receiver, so two are positive and two negative, but you can just use the outside ones if you want. The batteries often have 4 terminals in them with only two connected anyway.

Without further information, the only thing I can suggest is to test with one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/60V-3A-DC-High-Precision-Compact-Digital-Adjustable-Switching-Power-Supply-OVP-OCP-OTP-Low-Power/32338416451.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.BV1KDd
Set it to 3A and 24v and clip it to the two outer terminals. Test with the wheel off the ground. If the bike works, it's a 24v system. if it doesn't, try 33v. If it works at that, it's 36v.
Many thanks I wil try Aliexpress

D

Deleted member 4366

If you can find any 24v supply of more than 1 amp, and the bike has a 24v system, it should work.

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
Many thanks for your help, I am working for a few days but will try a power supply at the weekend.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There looks to be Tel : No on the chain guard starting 01728 give it a ring, they should give you some info.

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
There looks to be Tel : No on the chain guard starting 01728 give it a ring, they should give you some info.
Hi I have tried that but they do not seem to know anything about this bike I have even visited their shop in Leiston but got no help.

Syncro

Jul 30, 2017
Essex
I have now found a serial no on the hub it is as follows = YL24V07060244. I assume this means 24v. Does anybody have any other input on this please. I may buy a battery or I may just scrap the bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
TL may indicate the factory and 24v most likely the voltage.
The numbers production line/sn number may even be a date code as well.
Have you tested the battery output with meter or opened it up to have look inside.

LEV Ltd was formed in Oct 2004 Suffolk and ceased in Nov 2012.
One of the former directors now runs E cargo bike.com from the same location in Suffolk and lives in Leiston.

Last edited:

Advertisers