Cannot make my New Oxygen S-Cross MTB do more than 20mph.

Philoneill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2019
Anyone that’s interested, I fitted the throttle to my s cross but found it a real stretch to get to the lever, here is a workaround that works great ,if there is interest I will post details,

Attachments

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Ray Johnson

Feb 16, 2016
*cough*
Hold set and + for a few seconds, screen flashes 5 -
use -/+ and SET keys to set 2-digit code (trial and error, mine was 12, though I could swear it was in the 90's fist time I did it -possible way for Oxygen to check if this menu accessed or my paranoia?)
Access magic menu, use -/+ & SET keys to adjust speed settings, -two sections, think one is peddle assist max and the second is throttle assist max.
Press & hold SET when finished to return to normal screen mode.

Excuse me, not sure where that came from...
Interesting. That seems to apply only to the later model. can you tell me the procedure for the earlier model - superceded in early 2016, believe?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Interesting. That seems to apply only to the later model. can you tell me the procedure for the earlier model - superceded in early 2016, believe?
Show a photo of your LCD to remind me which buttons it has. IIRC you have two speed limits on that one: One for the throttle and one for the pedal assist.

Is yours an S-cross or Emate MTB?

Last edited:

Kieran12

Sep 22, 2020
Anyone that’s interested, I fitted the throttle to my s cross but found it a real stretch to get to the lever, here is a workaround that works great ,if there is interest I will post details,

Hi Mate, any advice how to install the throttle? thinking of buying one Thanks

Kieran12

Sep 22, 2020
I have just got my new S-cross Mk11, it has a different LCD display, smaller doesn't look as good as the larger one to be honest but as you can see it does not have a set button, any idea how to get into the magic menu to up the 15.5mph limit? Thanks

Attachments

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I have just got my new S-cross Mk11, it has a different LCD display, smaller doesn't look as good as the larger one to be honest but as you can see it does not have a set button, any idea how to get into the magic menu to up the 15.5mph limit? Thanks
I had the same problem, and I didn't like the display either! I don't think there's any way to change the speed on this version, or to add a throttle. I found 15 mph was frustrating, as the motor just cuts out too soon. I found the only way was to change the controller and the display + PAS sensor. I know I've probably cocked up the warranty, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! It will now do about 21 mph on the flat, which is much better than 15, and in my humble opinion, probably fast enough on a bike. I also fitted a throttle, which I mainly use for starting off. The display I bought has cruise control too!

Kieran12

Sep 22, 2020
I had the same problem, and I didn't like the display either! I don't think there's any way to change the speed on this version, or to add a throttle. I found 15 mph was frustrating, as the motor just cuts out too soon. I found the only way was to change the controller and the display + PAS sensor. I know I've probably cocked up the warranty, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! It will now do about 21 mph on the flat, which is much better than 15, and in my humble opinion, probably fast enough on a bike. I also fitted a throttle, which I mainly use for starting off. The display I bought has cruise control too!

How much did these changes cost you mate? And was it difficult to do?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
How much did these changes cost you mate? And was it difficult to do?
It was about £100 in total, but I did go for the most expensive (colour) display, so you could probably save about £30 by going for another type. It wasn't difficult to do, I soldered most wires, and shrink tube covered them, but you could use connectors if preferred. The worst bit was getting the new controller and all of the wires back into the space in the frame! It took a while to get the settings right, but if you did it with similar components, you could just input my settings, as you've got the same bike. Let me know if you want to do it, and I'll give you all the info + where I bought the stuff from.

Kieran12

Sep 22, 2020
It was about £100 in total, but I did go for the most expensive (colour) display, so you could probably save about £30 by going for another type. It wasn't difficult to do, I soldered most wires, and shrink tube covered them, but you could use connectors if preferred. The worst bit was getting the new controller and all of the wires back into the space in the frame! It took a while to get the settings right, but if you did it with similar components, you could just input my settings, as you've got the same bike. Let me know if you want to do it, and I'll give you all the info + where I bought the stuff from.

Yes mate deffo if you dont mind please, took the bike for a quick spin tonight and it does shift, just get to about 16mph and it cuts out which is annoying, any tips and advice is much appriciated.

Advertisers