Carrera crossfire/vulcan tuning

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
So I've read all the threads, thought I'd gather all the information in one place and hopefully crack it.

Button combos:

Info and + displays wheel size and 4 letters eg CABA 27.5. Can't change anything

Walk and info shows "dat clr" but no way to confirm it I've found. Power button won't shut the bike down when in this screen so maybe that's involved

Plus and backlight button shows a 0 which can be changed from 1 to 4. Seems to just be backlight settings of some kind

Backlight plus info shows settings eco to tour, this decides what setting to boot up on

Photos of controller here http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/looking-for-help-derestricting-carrera-vulcan-pics-included.29745/

An interesting manual found in a german forum, shows assembly of the bike and wiring http://srsuntour-files.dbap.de/_public/SRSUNTOUR-DOWNLOAD-AREA/E-BIKE-Service/ATS/DE-Workshop-Book-ZEG.pdf

I am stuck at this point, going to see if any dongle companies know anything.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Wishing you luck. Some have mentioned on here that they have spoken to people who say it CAN be derestricted, but no details on how to :-(
It would be nice to eek out another 3-4 mph

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Wishing you luck. Some have mentioned on here that they have spoken to people who say it CAN be derestricted, but no details on how to :-(
It would be nice to eek out another 3-4 mph
Yep I've read those. I've asked suntour themselves and they just say it's not possible, although I have to say I don't believe it, the way it cuts is definitely software controlled. Tbh even making the walk assist go faster would be nice. Worst case scenario needs a controller swap which would basically turn it into a completely different bike, best case an unintuitive button combo that noone has figured out yet. Maybe there is a special developer display, or a programming lead that goes in the charge port on the bars. After coming from a bike with no limitations I have to say it's kind of disappointing and amazing at the same time, love the bike and how it rides, hate the limit I hit just as I'm enjoying it. That said this is a hill monster and a well made machine so I'll be sticking by it either way (vulcan)

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I noticed under the decal of the hub is a hole. If you peel it you can see inside the hub. Anyone know what this is for?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I noticed under the decal of the hub is a hole. If you peel it you can see inside the hub. Anyone know what this is for?
Ideal to let water in if left uncovered.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Was reading about a bike called the green mover today. This bike also uses a suntour system. It seems there is a programming tool that plugs between the motor wires and allows things to be altered. So if it's the same for these we need to acquire or invent something to change the controller settings. In the case of the green mover it was only available to the dealer

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Was reading about a bike called the green mover today. This bike also uses a suntour system. It seems there is a programming tool that plugs between the motor wires and allows things to be altered. So if it's the same for these we need to acquire or invent something to change the controller settings. In the case of the green mover it was only available to the dealer
There is a grey market for everything ! Just need to find it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hmm after further reading it seems the tool is for the goswiss version and not the suntour. So we're still in the dark

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Ok a little update. I spotted on YouTube comments that someone managed to break the limit by cutting a green wire, but that his bike developed a fault and broke soon after. Not exactly a reliable source or desired result, but it's something lol.

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
anon4 Tbh even making the walk assist go faster would be nice.

TBH I'm struggling with my settings trying to get the walk-assist to slow down a bit, on the flat I have to hurry to keep up. :)

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
anon4 Tbh even making the walk assist go faster would be nice.

TBH I'm struggling with my settings trying to get the walk-assist to slow down a bit, on the flat I have to hurry to keep up. :)
I had some talk with him and he said green wire between battery and pedals. So I carefully removed the green wire from the connector and tried. I had my doubts, the bike didn't have any errors but it went really slow not fast. He may have meant a different wire as there's a couple that go past that area but haven't played any further yet. I'd guess the one that goes to the motor but there is no quick connector and the one on the frame is sealed so would involve cutting to test. As for throttle wait for the lazylegs kit to be released

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Also he said he crashed and the wire was already damaged. Maybe he'd damaged something else

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
So I've got the full story. The guy disconnected the green wire from the pedal sensor. This is the torque sensor. He claims this made his bike go really fast but then he got an error code. In my case the bike went really slow when I did this so total opposite experience

Advertisers