Chain coming off..

Q2DM1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 26, 2018
Leeds
I've got a Woosh Rio MTB and the chain keeps coming off whenever I go over a modest bump, such as a drop kerb etc. Probably happens a couple of times a day and is more than a little annoying. Admittedly I'm not going at a snails pace when it comes off, but at the same time I'm not always bombing it. Does anyone else have this issue? Does the chain need a link taking out or is there any other way of stopping it happen, other than slowing right down, which isn't really an option :D

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Needs a simple chain keep on the seat post to act like a derailleur o keep chain in place, cost about £20.
Halfords, Evans or other LBS also ebay or interweb

Reactions: Q2DM1

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
after riding the bike a while, the gear shifter cable may settle a little, causing the gears to play up a bit. Adjust the gear shifter with the barrel thumb adjuster, Usually half a turn anticlockwise would be sufficient to cancel the slack. Check first that you can shift through the gears smoothly.

Adjust the B-tension screw next.

Shift to gear 1. Locate the B screw and turn it anti-clockwise to close the gap between the largest cog and the caged jockey wheel a bit.
This should reduce the risk of the chain jumping off.

Check the H (high, top) screw:

Check the L (low) screw:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/getpost.php?postname=how-to-adjust-your-sis-gear-shift

• Informative
Reactions: JPGiant and Q2DM1

Martin56

Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2017
HP3
How do you fit a chain keep to the non round non standard seat post of a Big Bear for example? Advice appreciated.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'll check out some chain catchers tomorrow for you.

Advertisers