Chain ring size

currymonster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2013
hi looking at changing my front chain ring on my Bosch cx on a cube reaction. Currently has 15t. My commute is pretty flat and keep running out of pedal speed. I see they do rings from 14t to 22t what can I swap to without getting a longer chain?
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just add some links to the chain if you need to, could prob get away with no extra links but might snap the chain going up the gears in to the bigger cogs.

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
hi looking at changing my front chain ring on my Bosch cx on a cube reaction. Currently has 15t. My commute is pretty flat and keep running out of pedal speed. I see they do rings from 14t to 22t what can I swap to without getting a longer chain?
Thanks
I changed mine out to 18t, made a great difference with no spin out at speed. Did not need to change the chain. Ideally you need the Spider tool, I got mine and the sprocket from e-bike shop. If you were in the North Devon area available for loan or try a local bike shop. You need to make sure you still have clearance on any front chain guides.

currymonster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2013
C
I changed mine out to 18t, made a great difference with no spin out at speed. Did not need to change the chain. Ideally you need the Spider tool, I got mine and the sprocket from e-bike shop. If you were in the North Devon area available for loan or try a local bike shop. You need to make sure you still have clearance on any front chain guides.
cheers I'll go for the 18t then was thinking of the 20t but may need to change chain.

Advertisers