Changing settings on Lishui Controller

nicholas_yiu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2021
I have a Planet X E Urban which is not the most common bike out there. I think all the ebike compnents are just standard Chinese parts though.

It has a Lishui LSW06-MIN1CFSB controller, a standard LED key-disp display and an Acer Xplova rear hub motor on a 36v battery.

The main thing I am not happy with is the way the pedal assist cuts in and out. I think it kicks in too strong and it's like an instant cut out when it hits the speed limiter. I prefer it to be less intrusive.

I did a bit of reading on here and think there are 4 options to change these settings:

1. Replace the led unit with something else that allows some setting changes, I think a KD21C will work? Not the preferred option as I like how simple the current display is. Having an additional LCD on the bars is just too much clutter for me.

2. Buy a Lishui programming cable

3. Buy one of those Lishui bluetooth adaptor off Woosh Bike which I think should work as well?

4. Upgrade to a new controller with a suitable display and programming kit.

My preference is option 4 as it would open up all sorts of fiddling capability which I would really like but will be the most expensive. I am also not sure how locked down the current controller is which will reduce the likelihood of options 1-3 working.

What do you think is the best option?

Another question is to do with where the settings are saved. If I plug in let's say the KD21C, change the setting and put the original display back, would the settings stay or would it revert back to the original?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
3. Buy one of those Lishui bluetooth adaptor off Woosh Bike which I think should work as well?
The Bluetooth adapter only works with Julet LCD 5-pin connector.
There are some software posted on the Lishui website for use with the Bluetooth adapter but I don't think they are applicable in your case.

nicholas_yiu

Mar 19, 2021
My led display is off a 5 pin Julet connector and Lishui say it should work with a key-disp. I know it might not work but for £25 it is the cheapest option. Do you think it is worth trying?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What LED panel model yours is?
The Bluetooth adapter works on Lishui digital signaling protocol.
Most LED panels work on analog protocol.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's not worth to spend £25, which most likely won't solve your problem, as it's probably caused by the fact that your controller uses speed control for its power algorithms.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

nicholas_yiu

Mar 19, 2021
OK, so sounds like 1 and 3 wouldn't work either and 2 wouldn't solve the problem of the intrusive pedal assist.

I am pretty sure the pedal sensor does torque as it's integrated into the bottom bracket, but I can't be sure until I take the bottom bracket out. Plan to do it this weekend when I am putting a new crank on.

What controller would you recommend if I go option 4?

nicholas_yiu

Mar 19, 2021
A bit reluctantly to post this as I am a bit embrassed for asking for advise then not listening to it, but I think should post it as an example of what happens when you don't listen.

I went and got myself a KD-21C because I messaged the seller and he said it would definitely work so worst case would be sending it back for a refund.

Well, it didn't as Woosh said, it didn't even power on, the problem then is my bike was dead after I swapped the original back in. It would power up but whenever I try to draw any power from the controller (lights or activating the motor), all the led lights started flashing. The manual says brake abbomality but it doesn't have any brake sensors.

I tried all sorts to try and get it working and the conclusion was I must have fried the controller.

I then proceed to checking the bottom bracket to make sure I know the sensors are going to work with whatever new controller I go for.

I then found this:

It looks like whoever installed the bottom bracket didn't care about the wire and damaged it. I repaired it, connected everything back up and everything is back to normal! Even more worryingly, neither the bottom bracket or the cranks were torqued up properly, very poor build quality.

It was the red wire that has the insulation cut through so it must be shorting to ground causing the error. When I unplugged the Led, I must have somehow dislodged it enough to cause the problem.

I think it's best just to leave it all alone for now. None of this stress if I had listened!

Reactions: Nealh

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Even more worryingly, neither the bottom bracket or the cranks were torqued up properly, very poor build quality.
However you would of never found this issue.

Advertisers