Help! Charger light won't come on

Chriso518

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 27, 2020
390753907639077Recently tested my battery charger just too see if it worked as I've not charged or used my battery yet and it worked fine woke up in the morning and it won't turn on any idea what's happened?as I'm from the UK but the plug was this shape I had too plug it into a travel adapter but that still works fine so I'm assuming it's a fuse in the charger pack I've brought a multimeter but never used on before how would I go about identifying the issue and resolving it and if it is the fuse what fuse do you think I need?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If the light doesn't come on, it's not getting the mains supply. Don't you have a mains lead for something else that has the right plug. It looks like a standard lead that you get on TVs, Hifis, speakers, printers, computers and stuff like that.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
As VFR said, use a kettle lead with a uk plug terminated on it.
Plug in to the mains and see if it powers up.
Check battery plug for output, set multimeter to a DC range higher than your charger output and test pins.

The charger specs indicate the output is protected by a T3.15. Which is a 20mm slow blow/anti surge.
If no output it is likely this has blown!
You will probably have to take the case apart to change this, As the photos do not show an external fuse holder

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If no output it is likely this has blown!
The way I see it is that the green light isn't on, which indicates no input , so the problem is on the mains side, not the output. In other words, he has no output because there's no input.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
As VFR said, use a kettle lead with a uk plug terminated on it.
Plug in to the mains and see if it powers up.
Check battery plug for output, set multimeter to a DC range higher than your charger output and test plug pins.

The charger specs indicate the output is protected by a T3.15. Which is a 20mm slow blow/anti surge.
You will probally have to take the case apart to change this, as the photos do not show an external
The way I see it is that the green light isn't on, which indicates no input , so the problem is on the mains side, not the output. In other words, he has no output because there's no input.
Possibly. If the output is current or voltage sensed and fuse has gone. Then the internal circuitry will stop led coming on...
Other opinions are available

Advertisers