Chinese Controller 20mph Speed Limit

Atdit

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2017
Switzerland
Hi guys.

I have a question (didn't find answers on Google or anywhere else). My ebike conversion kit's 1000W motor controller has a speed limit but there are no wires to enable or disable that, so I opened the controller and google translated everything to find the speed limit circuit. (Check images) It's at K4 in the middle of the picture. What do I do with it? Short it to ground? Please help me, I'm so desperate.

Greetings,
-Atdit

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Welcome to the forum at Atdit,
Can't help much with K4.
Can you show all the connectors also where do those 2 white wires go ?

Atdit

May 16, 2017
Switzerland
Welcome to the forum at Atdit,
Can't help much with K4.
Can you show all the connectors also where do those 2 white wires go ?
The 2 white wires are for the brakes.
The 2 orange & red wires and the 3 black red and green wires are for the throttle. The other 3 black red and green wires are for PAS. The other wires are for the motor.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I see you have connected the K4 to GND to short it, have you tried it yet ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like you are stuck with the speed limit at 20mph with this controller & 48v, other option is to increase volts to see if it allows more speed. Other wise a different controller/lcd combo.

Atdit

May 16, 2017
Switzerland
Looks like you are stuck with the speed limit at 20mph with this controller & 48v, other option is to increase volts to see if it allows more speed. Other wise a different controller/lcd combo.
Is there a way to modify the hall sensor signals which come from the motor so the controller thinks I'm cycling at 10mph while I'm actually cycling at 20mph?

Advertisers