Christmas break - who's out and where?

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
Bike being picked up this weekend from having a service, hence why I've been a bit quiet as not been out on it, plus been having a few sessions on the dirt bike:-

IMGP0592.jpg IMGP0540.jpg

I plan to do LLandegla at some point between Christmas and the New Year - meeting up with a friend on a normal pedal MTB (but he's reasonably fit), and also hoping to get the Marin Trail in (and possibly an afternoon at Antur Stiniog).

Anyone else out and about and up for meeting for a ride round?

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Like the old RM Highside and great shots:cool:

We're out in the Pennines when we can over Xmas, but when we move to your neck of the woods in the New Year would be up for a ride out on the push-bikes to be shown some of the routes...I'd love to come and join you on my MX bikes, but I'm trying to wean myself off them as I don't heal so quick these days:D

Reactions: Highside43

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Ooh...I'll be up for a road ride on the bikes when the sun returns (regularly go to N.Wales with "the chaps"), current road bikes are GSXR1000K6 and an original copper Hayabusa:)...seem to be doing alot of pic whoring today...

988945_494089953990935_1192212790_n.jpg
14699_427966380603293_1661768603_n.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The knee issue has screwed my riding big time, and I've gone from roughly three night rides a week and one daylight ride a week, to no rides a week!

I'm still going out for the Xmas day group ride whatever happens, as I'm certainly not going to miss that one.

I expect that I might well even chance a ride on the South Downs on Xmas eve, and ideally boxing day as well.

If I can manage those three rides, I'm then full well expecting that I'll have to rest up again until New Years day, when I go on another traditional group ride using the pedal mtb, from Crowborough to Eastbourne, then at Eastbourne pick up two more lads, before heading off for a further ride of unknown length, but it is usually another 20 miles or so.

Then rest up again. :(

2015 Xmas day morning the condition were not exactly great, and it was only me that turned up for the ride!

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Hoping to get some two wheel time during the fortnight we're off. Have a trail ride on the KTM planned, a Penmachno ride (paddle), a Llandegla day and if the weather isn't icy the GS might get used for more than commuting!
Knowing my luck this year very little of it will come off.
Mark

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi Chris
So we did not get to meet up, I did get out there was going to be 5 of us but it was only just the 2 of us in the end, and we never left my place till 1 and it's about a 45 min ride to the cafe.
Let try it again.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you.
Steve

Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Cheers Steve and a Merry Xmas to you. A few of us are due a trip to the Forest this week but not sure which day yet. I'll let you know asap. I was surprised how busy it was yesterday. Muddy but great fun.

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Highside, how many of you were there? A mate of mine was at Llandegla and was surprised to see a large group of e-bikes riding together.
Mark

Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi Chris
Don't think I will be out today, I have got the man bug, and you know what that can be like, it will kill of most ladies, have a fab ride and hope to catch up with you in the new year.
Steve.

Related Articles

Advertisers