Clarke AC10050 9000BTU Portable Air Conditioning

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

are these things any good and can you service them and recharge them when empty ?

Contains Eco-friendly R290 Gas which meets environmental directives and has a low global warming potential

how long would it last if run say 12hrs a day b4 it will need recharging ?

and could i do it with this
]

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
A portable A/C unit won't need recharging sw it's a sealed unit. Your fridge is exactly the same and you don't have to recharge that either, it doesn't use up gas so unless it leaks it just carries on working.
It's mains powered but bear in mind it does take a Kw of power to run it and remember also it needs to be vented out the back so you have to attach a wide ducting tube to the back and hang it out the window. Maybe they give you one with the unit. Don't forget to keep your door and windows shut when it's running or you'll be letting the heat back in :)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
nothing lasts forever but if needed can i recharge it in 5 years diy?

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Apparently you can do a DIY recharge. Have a look on YouTube plenty of info on there.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
had no stock so got the 12000btu, should keep me robots from melting :p

DSC_0234_03.JPG

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
nothing lasts forever but if needed can i recharge it in 5 years diy?
I've been running one for over ten years and never needed any recharge, but of course it's only needed on our few really hot days each year. At other times it's off since they are noisy.

I've got a five inch hole through the cavity wall to the outside for its duct, not much use hanging it out of a window since it will just recirculate past itelf and the room will stay at the outside temperature.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Quick update on these portable Air Con units. The refrigerant is hermetically sealed in so no problems with recharging ... well cool :cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I've been running one for over ten years and never needed any recharge, but of course it's only needed on our few really hot days each year. At other times it's off since they are noisy.

I've got a five inch hole through the cavity wall to the outside for its duct, not much use hanging it out of a window since it will just recirculate past itelf and the room will stay at the outside temperature.
i know but the ducting i got with it is only 1500mm so got some 8m coming from ebay next week and will run it in to the loft.
DSC_0235_03.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers