Coming tomorrow

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
50cycles, bless their cotton socks, phoned this morning and my Agattu is coming tomorrow lunchtime. Yipee. I hadn't expected it for some time yet. What a service.

I'm intending to keep a little blog of my experiences and feelings. I can't imagine anyone will want to read it other than accidently, but just in case the URL is:-

erider-game

It'll be so good to be in the saddle again. :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'll be following it Tony. I hope the weather does buck up a bit as you remarked in the blog, but I've been getting out seven days a week lately doing at least 15 miles a day and sometimes well over double that. Somehow it doesn't seem so bad once out there riding.

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
I'm entirely sure you are right, Flecc, and I have no intention of being a fair weather rider only. But just at first I think it will be best to let myself in lightly and shall not go out wilfully in the rain. It will eventually be good to have a poncho on again. I haven't worn one for I don't know how many years. I've always thought it one of the most sensible and well designed pieces of clothing.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
50cycles, bless their cotton socks, phoned this morning and my Agattu is coming tomorrow lunchtime. Yipee. I hadn't expected it for some time yet. What a service.

:D
Lucky you.. I'm still waitng on the call.. Maybe they are only imprting one at a time!:D

BW
musicbooks

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Perhaps I'm nearer, or on a route they are taking anyway. I suppose a thousand and one things will effect a trader supplying nation wide with presumably strictly limited numbers of vans. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Agattu delivery

Perhaps I'm nearer, or on a route they are taking anyway. I suppose a thousand and one things will effect a trader supplying nation wide with presumably strictly limited numbers of vans. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Tony.. It'll be good to know how you get on..Very soon we'll all be either singing Flecc's praises (as usual) or putting out a contract on him!!;) Missing him already by the way..

Now here's a question for the forum.. How many of us are waiting for the Gent's version Agattu?

BW
Tom

M

mk1

Interesting blog Tony. It sounds like you are having a good time with your new bike (apart from the stand anyway).
I think you are having better luck with the weather, its been pouring down all day up here in the grim north:( .

Martin

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Hi Martin - I am really thrilled to bits with the Agattu. It's all that I hoped for and perhaps a bit more as I was rather unsure about going up hills but need not have been. I've felt a little casual about not telling of my experiences here but doing the blog is enough! And filling up this database when most people won't be interested is perhaps not a good idea. It's been a grand day for my first here. Very cold and a wind like a knife (we East Anglians talk about a lazy wind - it goes right through you) but so refreshing and good to be out in. I've done 15 miles today just pottering about locally and now ache in a lot of places - but have a big grin on my face.

Blog for anyone interested in the Agattu:-

erider-game

Hope to hear that yours has come shortly.

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
prop stand repair

I've just made a temporary repair to the snapped prop stand with a bit of rod and a bandage of duct tape. What useful stuff it is. It's working well which will be a relief as it was a nuisance not having it. Haven't heard from 50cycles yet. It might be a real pain for them to get hold of a new casting I daresay.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Tony,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the Agattu.. Hope you get the stand fixed..not the first time this has happened to an e-bike! Are you the first in the country with a diamond frame , gents version? If so, could you post a photo on your blog..?
BW
musicbooks

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Two days

I've been riding my new Agattu for two days now and begin to feel that I understand it. I haven't found anything that I would consider a fault, and have discovered many things that I consider excellent design and construction. The bike gives a splendid impression of stability when ridden, and the motor assistance is extremely good given that it only duplicates your own effort and is in no sense a moped. This is exactly what I wanted and I am delighted. The assistance with headwinds and sensible Suffolk hills is very adequate. Perhaps it may be useful if I confirm that the 56 cm step through frame is plenty big enough for my height of 6 foot four and inside leg of 36 inches. I shall of course be very happy to answer any questions that I can from potential buyers, or indeed from any one who is interested.

Advertisers