Controller has the same colour plug wires ?

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
Bought these controllers via a European auction site.
The plugs that connect to component are all coloured the same, can anyone please help with which goes where, it came complete with a King Meter LCD.IMAG0038.jpg IMAG0039.jpg

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I betD8veh would know

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I had a look yesterday is it for sensored or unsensored motor, noticed two connectors look like they have 4 wires but not a five wire one. Some clearer less fuzzy pics with all the wiring/plugs spread out nicely may be better for viewing. The two battery leads will be easiest to cipher by looking in the controller to see where they are soldered to then heat shrink the correct colour to the ends, there looks to be two sets female connector the same colour and sequence R/Y/Blue these may be throttle and pas or a pair of break sensors, in the top pic the male one B/R/Y may be for the wheel speed sensor. Show us the LCD and its connector also not all the wiring may be used and also no guarantee it is wired correctly in to the connectors.
Once the battery wires have been identified colour wise it may be just a case of connecting connectors M - F & F- M and see which ones operate what and then make a note of them.

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I had a look yesterday is it for sensored or unsensored motor, noticed two connectors look like they have 4 wires but not a five wire one. Some clearer less fuzzy pics with all the wiring/plugs spread out nicely may be better for viewing. The two battery leads will be easiest to cipher by looking in the controller to see where they are soldered to then heat shrink the correct colour to the ends, there looks to be two sets female connector the same colour and sequence R/Y/Blue these may be throttle and pas or a pair of break sensors, in the top pic the male one B/R/Y may be for the wheel speed sensor. Show us the LCD and its connector also not all the wiring may be used and also no guarantee it is wired correctly in to the connectors.
Once the battery wires have been identified colour wise it may be just a case of connecting connectors M - F & F- M and see which ones operate what and then make a note of them.
1464994439236117080085.jpg IMAG1354.jpg w

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
Just took some close up pictures, the LCD unit is a J-LCD KING METER, it has five wires, long cable with 4 wire connection Red, Bulk, Blu and Grey. Three connections have the same colours Blue, Yellow and Red (2 are female 1 male); small male connection Brown & Red.
Three phase and power cables I understand.
Bryan

Last edited:

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Haven't much time to have a longer look at the mo the only one that makes sense is the LCD 5 wire M - F .
The 4 wire may be hall sensor without internal speed sensor as halls are usually 5 wire.

Reactions: six9giant

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your probably best trying the German seller for the wiring order.

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I've tried but my German is non existent, translation always confusing to make the correct questions come across .
I was hoping someone within the group could shed some light.
The only option is to re sell the controllers and let someone else ask further questions , my problem is I'm not the sort of person to sell without some basic instructions .

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I've tried but my German is non existent, translation always confusing to make the correct questions come across .
I was hoping someone within the group could shed some light.
The only option is to re sell the controllers and let someone else ask further questions , my problem is I'm not the sort of person to sell without some basic instructions .

D

Deleted member 4366

Can you take the PCB out of the case and make a clear photo of the whole PCB and then closer ones that show where the wires on the 5-way go and the 2-way red and pink(?).

Did the LCD come with the controller?

Was it sold as a controller for sensorless motors or for a hall sensor one?

Last edited by a moderator:

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
Can you take the PCB out of the case and make a clear photo of the whole PCB and then closer ones that show where the wires on the 5-way go and the 2-way red and pink(?).

Did the LCD come with the controller?
The five way plug connects to the J-lcd meter that came with the controller , my question Dave is could the three way plugs be the brakes although I thought they were normally two wires.
It's the four way plug that is the most confusing , I'll try to open the case later, just find it hard with no sensory touch in my fingers .
Will post photos later.

D

Deleted member 4366

If it's a sensorless one with LCD, I can make a good guess.

The two 3-ways that are the same are the brakes. Use yellow and blue for two-wire brakes.
The other three-way is the PAS.
The 4-way is the throttle. I need the above questions answered to say what the 4th wire does.
The 2-way is for lights.

Don't connect anything yet. When you answer the above questions, I can tell you how to connect.

D

Deleted member 4366

OK, it's sensorless. Forget about opening it just now. Instead, you need a meter. Connect the battery and the LCD - nothing else.

Switch on the lcd, then check between any black and each red in turn to see which are 5v and which have battery voltage on. Check the grey, blue and brown as well.

Next, set your meter to continuity (beep), then check between any black and each wire that isn't red to see which are connected to the common ground. You can do this test without anything connected or switched on.

There's no need to test anything on the LCD connector.

If we're lucky, those two tests will give us all the answers to get the bike going.

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
If it's a sensorless one with LCD, I can make a good guess.

The two 3-ways that are the same are the brakes. Use yellow and blue for two-wire brakes.
The other three-way is the PAS.
The 4-way is the throttle. I need the above questions answered to say what the 4th wire does.
The 2-way is for lights.

Don't connect anything yet. When you answer the above questions, I can tell you how to connect.
Dave.
I'm not to sure regarding sensorless, the 4 way plug then could be throttle , what wires go to where colour wise, as the colours are different from hall sensor colour's .
I'll open the box when I get home in 30 minutes, dog walking on the beach at the moment .
Bryan

Advertisers