Controller issue

Richard preece

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2017
Shropshire
hi guys
Ive done something daft ive managed to get the polarity wrong on a batribike granite live and earth wrong way round i heard the controller pop any ideas what it need to check /change in the controller

Any help appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pop, Oh dear :(. Most certainly a can (capacitor) has blown, usually identified at the time by a cordite type smell. It may be possible to solder a new can if you know the spec of it if its the only damage other wise a new controller.
There will be fibre everywhere when you open the controller and the remains of the overheated can, possibly with 2 legs still soldered.

D

Deleted member 4366

The main capacitor across the battery input will be blown, and you might find that the shunt is blown too. You can try changing the cap and/or repairing the shunt, but the probability is that there'll be other damage, so you might be forced to take the opportunity to get a better controller.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Controllers are cheap so, unless you are keen to fix because you have time and are keen to learn.....i wouldn't bother !! Just get a new one

If it's a 250w brushless system them your options are plentiful and price pretty much come .down to how long you are prepared to wait for delivery

Advertisers