convert throttle to pedal assist

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
hey all

so im buying a throttle elec bike off my dad in next few days and want to convert it to pedal assist, is this possible please? and if so how,

thanks

sarah

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
I will ask him as its at his house till Monday or Tuesday so can't look myself he did say he tried to convert it but it wouldn't for some reason

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
dad says it is like that, he also says it used to be pedal assis and went faulty for some reason?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
he is telling me to buy any pas, is that right?
It's impossible to say when we don't have a clue of what you've got. You said it was an Urbanmover UM44 U-Sprite - Electric bike, but that already has a PAS, as I have already shown you in the video above.

Before we can help you, you'll have to figure out what you've got or why it isn't like the Urbanmover UM44 U-Sprite in the video.

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
It's impossible to say when we don't have a clue of what you've got. You said it was an Urbanmover UM44 U-Sprite - Electric bike, but that already has a PAS, as I have already shown you in the video above.

Before we can help you, you'll have to figure out what you've got or why it isn't like the Urbanmover UM44 U-Sprite in the video.
yes but like i said in the above post the bike did used to be pedal assis and it went faulty, so it just needs figuring why i guess then it can go back to how it was.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
yes but like i said in the above post the bike did used to be pedal assis and it went faulty, so it just needs figuring why i guess then it can go back to how it was.
You have already told us the PAS once worked.
What is being asked of you I which PAS system was /is fitted as there are two types.

Cadence PAS uses a wired sensor trapped or fitted by the Bottom bracket and a magnetic disc that rotates with the crank. This simply can give max power with little effort.
Torque sensing PAS is an integral Bottom bracket unit or an integral chain ring sensing affair, it multiplies your efforts so doesn't allow for such an easy ride esp if you have little leg power.

Take some nice pics of the bottom bracket area /chain rings for m the underside of the bike, then upload so we can see them. The first is simple to remedy the second is a lot dearer to remedy.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
he is telling me to buy any pas, is that right?
No, not without knowing exactly which PAS system is fitted.
We need pics of the bottom bracket area.

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
so we decided to put the parts onto my normal bike and convert that because we ran into other problems with my child seat and new battery on his. But still the electric doesnt kick in. I bought a 12 magnet pas. i honestly cant understand, if we connect throttle it goes fine so frustrating. i have linked below the pas i bought.

Advertisers