Cow

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I am a farmer's son, I have so many cow stories it is boring. Including the death of a neighbours child who was killed by a bull which probably mistook him for a dog (he was 3 or 4 at the time). I have also seen a dog go into orbit (low earth orbit), it never went into a field with cows in it again.

The farm was quite big and we lost a few steers for a couple of years. The wild bunch we called them and huge isn't a big enough word for their size. It took us a couple of weeks and many broken gates and fences to get them rounded up and off to the slaughter house. They destroyed the interior of the lorry on the way and the transport company boss rang my father and gave him the phone number of a couple of his competitors "for the next time, I won't take any more like that". They also destroyed a few gates in the slaughter house! :eek:

Another funny story is the first day my father went out with his first and brand new Land Rover. He came back grumbling and swearing. A cow seeing a strange new grey thing in the field had put a horn through the door. So yes, if they are not used to bikes riding through their domain it could turn nasty.

And on and on ad nauseum... this is the off topic section isn't it?o_O

Tony

C

Cyclezee

I am a farmer's son, I have so many cow stories it is boring. Including the death of a neighbours child who was killed by a bull which probably mistook him for a dog (he was 3 or 4 at the time). I have also seen a dog go into orbit (low earth orbit), it never went into a field with cows in it again.

The farm was quite big and we lost a few steers for a couple of years. The wild bunch we called them and huge isn't a big enough word for their size. It took us a couple of weeks and many broken gates and fences to get them rounded up and off to the slaughter house. They destroyed the interior of the lorry on the way and the transport company boss rang my father and gave him the phone number of a couple of his competitors "for the next time, I won't take any more like that". They also destroyed a few gates in the slaughter house! :eek:

Another funny story is the first day my father went out with his first and brand new Land Rover. He came back grumbling and swearing. A cow seeing a strange new grey thing in the field had put a horn through the door. So yes, if they are not used to bikes riding through their domain it could turn nasty.

And on and on ad nauseum... this is the off topic section isn't it?o_O

Tony
Ditto, i'm also a farmer's son, and also have lots of stories, like the time a cow in calf got itself wedged into a sheep dipping tank and we had to get the Fire Brigade to rescue it by smashing the walls of the tank to free it, cow and calf survived unscathed, but the lad who left the gate to the tank open didn't:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: flecc

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
In the course of my work pole inspector ( NOW RETIRED) I cut thru fields with cows often i noticed that at times they would crowed me depending on the time of day (feeding times) but the worst thing was in a field with two horses who charged me i dropped the tool+ladder and run jumping over a stondyke wall , had to call police for help turned out that the horses where semi wild, :eek:never knew i could run that fast

Reactions: SRS

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
I was on the horns of a dilemma having herd this tail, but feeling a bit bullish I decided to post. Poor old SRS had no udder way of escape ,hope he didn't hurt his calves jumping the fence. Did he have to hoof it home? His day really went tits up. Byre the way,does he have a beef with the farmer ?

Last edited:

Advertisers