Coyote Connect (Halfords) - installing a throttle

D

Deleted member 4366

Myguess is no. Photos don't show what I need to be sure. If the main harness branches into 3, then it's no. If there's 4 branches, find the empty one.

Liamxokellehh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 1, 2018
liverpool
Myguess is no. Photos don't show what I need to be sure. If the main harness branches into 3, then it's no. If there's 4 branches, find the empty one.
there is like a button thats kind of like a throttle because you press and hold it and the bike thrusts forward but it's very weak like walking speed maybe there is a way to increase the power output to the motor so it goes faster look I uploaded it 15176087974041323473160.jpg

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
there is like a button thats kind of like a throttle because you press and hold it and the bike thrusts forward but it's very weak like walking speed maybe there is a way to increase the power output to the motor so it goes faster look I uploaded it View attachment 23285
Sorry I've only just seen this, not been on the forum for a bit, I'll be honest - based on my experience I wouldn't recommend a throttle! It absolutely leathers the battery and isn't much easier than just ghosting the pedals around. I did have great fun with the throttle at first (because I'm an overgrown child!, but hardly use it now.).

The photos they need to see are of the guts of the controller etc:- the internal wires, connectors. If you aren't comfortable opening stuff up, they won't be able to help.

Davidoffx

Just Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Hi. Can someone tell me how many magnets is on a pedal assist disc please. Have just bought coyote connect as a project and this part is missing.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can use a disc with any number of magnets. Normally, the disc comes with the sensor as a matched pair, so you can get any one you want. Don't get 12 magnets because they have the most compatibility problems:

Davidoffx

Just Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Thank you for quick replay. Just thought it depends on wheel size etc. Is disc fixing to the crank a common problem ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you for quick replay. Just thought it depends on wheel size etc. Is disc fixing to the crank a common problem ?
I would guess that the chain came off and broke the disc. Some are more brittle than others. I think the cheap plastic goes brittle with age. You will need a crank-puller to get the crank off and if you have to replace the sensor, you'll need a bottom bracket tool too, so best to get both:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your question doesn't make sense. You shouldn't need to go into that silver box (controller). I suggest that instead of asking cryptic questions, you explain what the problem is that you're trying to solve. Also, it would be better to start a new thread with the title "Coyote Connect brake wire" or something like that.

Advertisers