Cube Kathmandu clicking nightmare!

oecho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2023
Dear all - first time on here and hopefully someone can help.

Sadly, last week, on my daily 5km ride, I noticed this clicking noise coming from my bike.

It seems to be near the pedals and actually in the motor perhaps. I don't know. It is strange.

Any ideasvery gratefully received!

Thank you!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Hearing exactly where from is difficult. Check spokes, crank bolt tightening, motor mount tightening, bit of twig caught in the tyre, ...

oecho

Oct 17, 2023
Thank you so much. Will check all of those tomorrow morning! Is tightening usually a problem? Really grateful for your input

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
When the clicking is present, keep riding and turn assistance off. Does the noise stay or go?

If it is still there, that narrows down the source.

I recently had noise intermittently which was pedal bearings, and I get a squeak in time with pedal rotation in some wet or damp conditions which goes away, and I think is the crank seals.

Hope you find a simple explanation.

Reactions: oecho

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My mid-motor's clicking noise (BBS01B) turned out to be a loose motor. Threadlocked, nuts and bolts were tightened...

oecho

Oct 17, 2023
Thank you so much for your help. It's getting much worse here so happy to try anything!

oecho

Oct 17, 2023
When the clicking is present, keep riding and turn assistance off. Does the noise stay or go?

I recently had noise intermittently which was pedal bearings, and I get a squeak in time with pedal rotation in some wet or damp conditions which goes away, and I think is the crank seals.

Thank you so much for your support!

Really really appreciate it. Going to take it in and see what they say. Thank you so much

Reactions: matthewslack

Advertisers