Cube reaction 500 rear rack choice?

mugoftea

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2018
Been looking at the Tredz site and they have racks from Cube that fit 29" wheels but feel that the fitment maybe wrong for my bike.
Has anyone fitted a rack to their cube reaction?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I had this on my Scott FS 29er and is reputed to fit most bikes by clamping to the chainstays. Easy to fit and remove and aditional side pannels cover most pannier mounts. Not cheap tho...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-Pack-Pedal-Tour-Rack/dp/B01N6RORTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540718205&sr=8-1&keywords=thule+pack+n+pedal
Only rated for 11kg, compared to 25kg for most standard racks.

Bike discounts have them reasonable price, as mention will need additional side panels when using pannier bags.
Can be fitted to front fork.

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Tortec rack fitted to my 29er cube reaction bought the disk model fit is fine it has the side rail for the quick release cube panniers to fit straight on . Not sure on the weight rating bought from tredz when they had a deal on .

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Tortec rack fitted to my 29er cube reaction bought the disk model fit is fine it has the side rail for the quick release cube panniers to fit straight on . Not sure on the weight rating bought from tredz when they had a deal on .
Only issue I had was the frame mounting screws supplied were too short and had to replace with longer threads

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
For me it was the only option.. Dropper post negated the seat post fitting and there were no mounting points on the bike. I had a pair of alture bags on mine and it worked well enough for me.
View attachment 27430
My Trek HT came with extra seatpost clamp that had mounting points. Don't why didn't fit mounting points on frame. Wouldn't work in your case as its FS. For FS MTB Thule is about only option.

mugoftea

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks guys for the info.
I found a saddle post mount rack that I've had for a long. It has pannier rail on it as well.
I would prefer a fully fixed type but once I fitted it on, it was remarkably secure.
Tried it with the bag that I bought at the time with the rack and it was good.

Related Articles

Advertisers